Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been so incredibly busy lately that I have not been able to go on any forums for the last four days, but I am quickly posting to let you all know that I took delivery of car 51 yesterday 9/8 at about 2:30. No flaws and it is exactly as I ordered it. So far it exceeds my expectations! However, I only got to drive it home and put it in my garage. (about 9 miles with my long way home) I left for vacation last night and I won't be back to drive it until 9/19! I am posting this on a borrowed computer. The good news is it showed up before I left and not after! What a relief!

Everything went well with the dealer. No surprises. My paranoia was unfounded. The car had about 36 miles on it. I will post a driver impression and review and more pictures when I get back and drive it a bit. Here's a few pictures now though. See you guys in a little while! :seeya:

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Its Beautiful

Congrats! Hope your vacation time flies by! Wow - I think that may be the dumbest thing that I've ever said, but... :leaving:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Congrats Aero! Of course they bring it in just before vacation.

Maybe it's best you quarantine #51 for a week after coming out of area 51.

If an ET hasn't sprung out of the trunk (small et) and driven it back to his planet by then, you should should be clear for Cruising upon return.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Hope you locked it up nice and tight and brought the keys with you. You don't want Beavis and Butthead joy riding around town in it whiel you're gone. :D

·
4,592 Posts
I couldn't be happier for you, congradulations. It's just great to see one of old timers get theirs. MCEB is next!

So..........When are you coming into Santa Barbara to show it off? I want to see one......make it yours........ :) :) :) :)

ENJOY BIG TIME!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Congrats to BEAVIS & BUTTHEAD,enjoy the car. :yesnod: :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
RODEO said:
MCEB is next!
My dealer got the his other F1K car yesterday. He was all set to call me and said let me check the VIN to be safe....not mine :cryin: I'm in the next wave they are releasing now [fingers crossed]

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Dave, good news for you. Tough to leave after just receiving, I bet. Make sure you didn't give out your address to anybody, and you did certify your present mileage, didn't you?

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
My dealer got the his other F1K car yesterday. He was all set to call me and said let me check the VIN to be safe....not mine :cryin: I'm in the next wave they are releasing now [fingers crossed]
Somehow I don't think the crying emoticon truly covers it :cryin: :brentil:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
AeroDave said:
I have been so incredibly busy lately that I have not been able to go on any forums for the last four days, but I am quickly posting to let you all know that I took delivery of car 51 yesterday 9/8 at about 2:30. No flaws and it is exactly as I ordered it. So far it exceeds my expectations! However, I only got to drive it home and put it in my garage. (about 9 miles with my long way home) I left for vacation last night and I won't be back to drive it until 9/19! I am posting this on a borrowed computer. The good news is it showed up before I left and not after! What a relief!

Everything went well with the dealer. No surprises. My paranoia was unfounded. The car had about 36 miles on it. I will post a driver impression and review and more pictures when I get back and drive it a bit. Here's a few pictures now though. See you guys in a little while! :seeya:
Hey Aero Dave! I want to send you a congratulations card and a little Solstice warming gift.

Could you give me your home address so the gift will be waiting for you when you get home? :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Marco said:
Hey Aero Dave! I want to send you a congratulations card and a little Solstice warming gift.

Could you give me your home address so the gift will be waiting for you when you get home? :lol: :lol:
Yeah, the engine will be warm when he gets home.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations AeroDave, that Green looks really nice in your pictures, enjoy your vacation and your ride when you get back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great for you Dave. I think you are the first in the Bay area to get your car. Which dealer did you use? I want my dealer experience to go as well as yours. Home mine comes soon.

Luckily here in the Bay Area we get those late September/October "heat" waves (70s). We should be able to drive top down into November.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hey AeroDave,you didn't happen to see a #1 before the 51 on your VIN#? :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
AeroDave...congrats...when you come back, let those of us living in Solstice purgatory near the East Bay know where to meet you in the near future! I'll bring drool bibs for all.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.