Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hear about a wreck on the highway somewhere where an SUV cut off one of the car carriers hauling a load of Solstices? Apparently the driver tried to avoid the SUV & hit ANOTHER carrier, wiping out both trucks. All of the Solstices were destroyed in the crash & fire that resulted.

Just kidding! :devil:

Congrats to all of you EOP folks! It's a great historic day for us all.

·
Registered
479 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:
Anybody hear about a wreck on the highway somewhere where an SUV cut off one of the car carriers hauling a load of Solstices? Apparently the driver tried to avoid the SUV & hit ANOTHER carrier, wiping out both trucks. All of the Solstices were destroyed in the crash & fire that resulted.

Just kidding! :devil:

Congrats to all of you EOP folks! It's a great historic day for us all.
That is not funny :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
35 Posts
too funny

I was like ahhhh uhhh.... wheeew (even though I don't expect my car until Nov. hee hee) :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Booooo! Banned camp is too good for the likes of you!

:)

All of you enjoying your Solstices, soon, please share pics, nit-picks, and stories with all us other kids, 'kay?

·
Registered
233 Posts
That wasn't funny. It was a sick, sick joke. If you had been keeping up with the forum, you would have known that it wouldn't be well received. :nono:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Actually, there was just an accident here in St. Louis the other day that involved a train carrying a load of cars. Luckily they were coming up from alabama or something like that, so I doubt there were any solstices on there, but what would happen if some of the first 1000 cars were destroyed in transit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Those who got upset by this joke maybe need to lighten-up a bit; keep this car in perspective -- a little levity/sense of humor is good for the soul. We aren't speaking about a member of anyones family. Life goes on.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
SolsticeWarrior said:
Those who got upset by this joke maybe need to lighten-up a bit; keep this car in perspective -- a little levity/sense of humor is good for the soul. We aren't speaking about a member of anyones family. Life goes on.....
After the delivery of our Solstice... :lol: And as some of our mothers would say "that wasn't appropriate".....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Funny

This is the kind of sense of humor that keeps us all sane :willy:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Not Funny......

I was thinking about the lives that may have been lost in the crash! This was not funny. :nono:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I remember a couple of years ago when the Volvo XC90 was being launched in the US...there was a significant delay because the ship carrying them to the USA (along with some SAAB's) capsized and sank... they had pictures of the submersed ship and you could see all of the cars just sitting there...dead.

Sad.

RadRiv

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Six train cars full of GTO's were lost a couple of months ago.

Not a pretty sight!!

Take care-Steve

:willy:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Volvo Sinking Ship

Actually our car was on the ship that sank and set us back 8 weeks when the Volvo's came out. Lightning can not strike twice. It was not a good phone call from the dealer.

Steve

·
Registered
121 Posts
RADRIV said:
I remember a couple of years ago when the Volvo XC90 was being launched in the US...there was a significant delay because the ship carrying them to the USA (along with some SAAB's) capsized and sank... they had pictures of the submersed ship and you could see all of the cars just sitting there...dead.

Sad.

RadRiv

Actualy it was hit by another ship.... Check it out:

http://www.tricolorsalvage.com

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks for the clarification...but it still capsized..regardless of the cause. They didn't show any cool pictures of the sunken cars! Maybe they just left them down there???

RadRiv

·
Registered
312 Posts
From Google..and still no pics.

Situation
1. Foggy English Channel scene of Dec 14 (2002) shipwreck
2. 2,862 BMWs, 500 Saabs, 2,020 Volvos lost after Norwegian-owned Tricolor hits container ship
3. Biggest loser: Volvo w/ 2,020 XC90 SUVs, S60 sedans, V70 wagons
4. Volvo dealers scramble for trades, fear longer wait for top US seller XC90

Significant Points
1. Stormy weather, too, can foul up speedy delivery systems
2. Insurance will cover loss for each automaker, up to $15K per unit (far below retail price, though)
3. BMW dealer Tim Smith, Bob Smith BMW, Canoga Park, CA took it in stride: "It's not something people can blame on the dealer"

·
Registered
251 Posts
2091351 said:
Six train cars full of GTO's were lost a couple of months ago.

Not a pretty sight!!

Take care-Steve

:willy:

That is what I thought he was playing off of...COME ON There can't be anybody out there who did not see that one coming... :lol: :glol:

·
Registered
936 Posts
SOL MIO said:
That is what I thought he was playing off of...COME ON There can't be anybody out there who did not see that one coming... :lol: :glol:
Never fooled me I saw the pictures of the GTO's lost in the train wreck and knew this was a joke and a good one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.