Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on my new CoverKing StormProof car cover once I washed and cleaned up the Solstice. As I don't have a garage, I was looking for the ultimate protection for the 4 seasons. We'll see how it works out...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Nothing like a custom cover for a good fit. I have a Covercraft cover that looks much like that. Love the thing.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Do you only put it on fresh after a wash? I've never had one, but was always worried that if you had dust/dirt on the car, that it would cause scratching as wind ruffles the cover up against the dust/dirt.

Do you guys use them even when the car isn't fresh from a wash?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
It's recommended that the covers are only put on a clean car otherwise you may as well cover it with sand paper.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Looks GREAT Jack....does it have a lock on it? ;)

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
It's recommended that the covers are only put on a clean car otherwise you may as well cover it with sand paper.
To that end, I have a california duster that I use on the car before putting the cover back on. This way I don't have to wash it every single time I want to cover it back up. It does a great job of removing all the dust.

Even when I wash it, I often have to use the CA Duster on it just before putting the cover on to remove the dust that lands on it while the top dries.

I also try and cover it the say day I uncover it. If it sits over night uncovered, it gets a wash before the cover goes back on it (Not sure why I do this, but I do).

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Do you only put it on fresh after a wash? I've never had one, but was always worried that if you had dust/dirt on the car, that it would cause scratching as wind ruffles the cover up against the dust/dirt.

Never!

Also, I have a lightweight nylon (I think) fitted dust cover (Kappasphere) that I put on first under the all-weather cover. I often run it through the dryer fluff cycle before putting it on the car.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I've been thinking about a cover, at least lightweight, to keep the dust off ours. (It is parked inside a finished, insulated semi-heated garage.) I'm getting to the point where I don't care if anybody thinks I'm being anal-retentive about it. Just bothers me to clean it all up and the next day see the dust that's settled on it.

Of course, if I completed the long overdue spring cleaning of the GARAGE that might help cut that down.

Might have to check out Carpe's Kappasphere reference. Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
To that end, I have a california duster that I use on the car before putting the cover back on. This way I don't have to wash it every single time I want to cover it back up. It does a great job of removing all the dust.
That's exactly what I do. The only time I put on my cover without necessarily dusting it off first is if I drive it to work, which is only 10 miles from home, and I cover it there. That said, it's always dusted and clean before I leave the house, so it's pretty clean when I get to work.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You are lucky!

I'm on my second coverking cover.

The first one fit like a glove and was wonderful, I loved it, but after the first season the material it was made of started flaking and disintegrating. The cover was changed under warranty and I paid the difference to upgrade it to a stormproof cover.

Now whenever it's not perfectly sunny, if it rains with slight winds the cover fly's off the car. It's pissing me off so much but I don;t have a choice to use it because of where I live and where the car is parked., Unfortunately half the time the car cover's lock kit is the only thing keeping the wind from blowing the cover to obvlivion. Thanks to the lock and kit my doors are all scratched up. light scratches but still..

I know there's something wrong with the fit, but the company didn't want to fix it the second time. Blaming "high winds" and bad weather... ya right

I'm getting my car buffed june 9th to get the scratches out of the doors

Edit: I accidently wrote covercraft when I ment CoverKing

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I will put it on only after a wash and dry....

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
No - put I will putting cords on it to keep on in high winds....
Actually I wasn't thinking of high wind. . .more along the lines of "midnight auto supply".

Sent from my GT-P1000R using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually I wasn't thinking of high wind. . .more along the lines of "midnight auto supply".

Sent from my GT-P1000R using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I now know where you live... lol :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
California duster? I love mine and I don't have to wash the car every time it gets dusty. The dark colour shows all the dust and marks so I make sure there aren't any. ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
You are lucky!

I'm on my second coverking cover.

The first one fit like a glove and was wonderful, I loved it, but after the first season the material it was made of started flaking and disintegrating. The cover was changed under warranty and I paid the difference to upgrade it to a stormproof cover.

Now whenever it's not perfectly sunny, if it rains with slight winds the cover fly's off the car. It's pissing me off so much but I don;t have a choice to use it because of where I live and where the car is parked., Unfortunately half the time the car cover's lock kit is the only thing keeping the wind from blowing the cover to obvlivion. Thanks to the lock and kit my doors are all scratched up. light scratches but still..

I know there's something wrong with the fit, but the company didn't want to fix it the second time. Blaming "high winds" and bad weather... ya right

I'm getting my car buffed june 9th to get the scratches out of the doors

Edit: I accidently wrote covercraft when I ment CoverKing
I had the same problem. I went through 2 full covers before just scrapping them all together.:cuss: Now I just cover the top with a convertible top cover.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts