Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone purchased a car cover for their Sol yet? One your happy with and would recommend?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey guys
Just got good news from our car cover manufacturer, they are done with the patterns... we should have them for sale in the next few weeks. Our website should be up by the end of the month. Once again guys, sorry for delays :brentil:

Neil

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have contacted California Car Cover and they said they will have one in the next month. I use them on all my cars.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dave clancy said:
I was told they will be available in the fourth quarter at your car dealer they will fit like a glove
GM one right?

·
Registered
535 Posts
One thing I have learned from experience is that you do not want a cover that fits too tight. It will dull the clear coat on any contact points like the corners, etc. I put baggy covers on my collector cars to prevent that. Also most covers are not recommended to be put on a car for several months until the clear coat is completely hardened. You will notice that most car covers come with a warning about this.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Bag your car......

Check out CarBag.com

I've succesfully used this product for my VW Beetle and I have a friend that has used one for several years on his classic.

I'm wondering though, for those of us in the snow belt that plan to store our Sol this winter if there will be a problem Re: previous comment about the finish not being "cured" yet......

VIN242 "In transit" (per Solstice folks yesterday), Deep/two-toned

·
Registered
214 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
One thing I have learned from experience is that you do not want a cover that fits too tight. It will dull the clear coat on any contact points like the corners, etc.
A good layer of wax is also recommended. Plus make sure your car is clean before placing a cover on it....

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I purchased mine from California Car Covers. It's the WeatherShield version, good indoors or out. For a small fee, they even embroidered my Vin # on the front - check out the attached pic!

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Got mine from Kappasphere and could not be happier. Very soft and fits like a glove.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
SolLate said:
Got mine from Kappasphere and could not be happier. Very soft and fits like a glove.

Did you get the indoor-outdoor cover? I know Shinoo and Neal had a cover with them at the meet, but I didn't get a chance to look at it. I did notice it fit into a pretty small stow bag.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
I really like the Kappa cover - for outdoor and trailering. But didn't get one. Dust cover was all I needed as mine stays in the garage so I got the $37 Costco cover. No mirror pockets, have to cut for the antenna, fits like a cheap suit - but works for $37.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
SolLate said:

Soft is definitely good, but fitting like a glove - not so sure about that. Mine looks a little loose because I didn't have the top up when I covered it. I'll get another pic of it covered with the top up for comparison, but I didn't think it was glove tight. I'd be concerned about abrassions if it was that tight.

Anyway, the main reason I purchased from California Car Covers was 1) reputation, and 2) price - I compared to Kappasphere's cover, and saved between $80 - $100.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mine is their indoor cover and it also comes with a bag for transport, but my cover stays in the garage. The inside is extremely soft, so little concern about abrasions. It is much softer than any of my California Car covers on the other cars, but is about as easy to put on any any.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I have the indoor one from Kappasphere on order now. Think it's the same one SolLate has in the pic.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Budge

I think that was the name on the cover - $20 and it fits fine - pretty much only use it in the garage so I didn't really need a top of the line, just something to keep the dust off. :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I am not sure if we are talking about the same cover, but the one that I purchase from Kappasphere is just about the same price as the one from California car covers, so I am a little confuse. I got the lite blue so is a better reflector of light as oppose to the red.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts