Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to see if any of the new Sol owners have purchased a car cover for their Sol and what brand ect. Help us out so when we get ours Sols (when the snow flies) :willy: we can already have the cover bought. Also, do you have the web site that you may have boughten it from?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
In Detroit, one of the execs asked us what we wanted to see on the car cover....I think they are going with a black cover with the solstice emblem. My recommendation was no pontiac logo...just the solstice logo - you know, the one that is the outline of the car.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
In Detroit, one of the execs asked us what we wanted to see on the car cover....I think they are going with a black cover with the solstice emblem. My recommendation was no pontiac logo...just the solstice logo - you know, the one that is the outline of the car.
I'm curious.. Why not both?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Has any new owners purchased a cover? Also, how did it fit the SOL?
I guess what I mean is (a non GM cover) I am pretty sure the custom type covers out there are not made yet,so i am thinking some of the new owners are using a cover similar to a Miata size cover.(Close to the Sol for size)

·
Registered
576 Posts
California Car Cover has their's available now. You can get it in any of their fabrics, but the Plushweave is $169.95. It has pockets for the mirrors and gromets for the tie down.

·
Registered
137 Posts
SolLate said:
California Car Cover has their's available now. You can get it in any of their fabrics, but the Plushweave is $169.95. It has pockets for the mirrors and gromets for the tie down.
Good find SolLate! Thanks

:cool:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Cover what?.......

buckeyewilky said:
Just wanted to see if any of the new Sol owners have purchased a car cover for their Sol and what brand ect. Help us out so when we get ours Sols (when the snow flies) :willy: we can already have the cover bought. Also, do you have the web site that you may have boughten it from?
Will be glad to get a car to cover..... :brentil:

·
Registered
417 Posts
i know that this may seem like a crazy question but fo some reason when i had my motorcycles it seems there was the possibility that that the plastic cover could hurt the finish by some chemical reaction. am i nuts or did i dream this up. what is the story?? :(

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
until there is a Solstice form-fit

I'll just use the Auto Zone sub-compact cover I already have

I'm not sure what the GM after market price will be on a form fit
I priced the tonneau at $299.00 so be prepared to pay $400.00 for a form-fit
or just get a "Miata" type from Auto Zone !!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
i wonder how the tooneau cover attaches. i remeber all the britsh sportscars had these snaps attached to the body. .hmmmm.... tonneaus look very cool and i like the way they give good but limited protection without the pain in the butt (ooops can i say that) of putting on a cover every night if you dont have a garage
;)

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
i wonder how the tooneau cover attaches. i remeber all the britsh sportscars had these snaps attached to the body. .hmmmm.... tonneaus look very cool and i like the way they give good but limited protection without the pain in the butt (ooops can i say that) of putting on a cover every night if you dont have a garage
;)
There are photos in the gallery and you probably can pull it up through the search. However, it snaps in place with 4 snaps. 1 snap attaches to the antenna mount and the other 3 have to be drilled. (a deal breaker for many on the forum) ;)

·
Registered
819 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
;)
A search of this site will turn up a number of pictures of the tonneau cover on a preproduction Solstice. Yes, there are a few snaps to be installed. There was a pretty extensive discussion on this subject about a month ago. Some wanted the cover, but not the addition of the snaps (holes in their new car and all). The search feature is a very convenient method to find things like this, that were discussed, but are no longer active. We have some very knowledgeable people on this forum, who want to help us all. I am not pointing a finger at you, mrfred, but just a general comment, that each new person needs to be aware of all the tools and use them. We don't need to add new threads when old ones cover the subject pretty well. I am just as guilty of this as anyone else. My bad!! :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
thanks crawdad. i take it in the spirit it was intended and that is just as a help. i do admit that i did not think of the search mode. also i do admit being kind of lazy at times.

also thanks to msg. btw does msg stand for master gunnery sergeant. usmc(?) if so i especially salute you . i was an fmf corpsman attached to the marines longa go and far away (5th 155sp guns vietnam 68) :cool:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
SlipSlider said:
I'm curious.. Why not both?
I think they would over do the Pontiac logo. I wouldn't mind a black car cover with both as long as they did embroidery with the same black color. Like a watermark. Make sense?

·
Registered
179 Posts
From the GM covers i have owned I would seriously look at something else something that breaths and has a little more durability

·
Registered
214 Posts
We've ordered 4 different types of covers and expect to check them for fit in the next 2 weeks. We'll have them available on our website soon. In fact they will all be on sale to celebrate the launch of our site....late Sept. BTW: all of our covers are made of the highest quality materials and sewn in the good ole USofA. :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of the Kappasphere form-fit indoor cover in black.

It looks so lonely waiting for spring :(

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Car Cover

Picked Up My Solstice #2886 Sly Cloth Polished Wheels Conv Package Air L/s Today!! Picked Up A Nice Cover At Pep Boys $100 With A 20% Rrebate. Brand Is Premium Tech Water Proof With A Flannel Backing 4 Layers Does Not Hold Moisture. If Any Bodys Interested, Schafer&strohminger In Perry Hall Md Has A Red Solstice For Sale Buyer Had To Cancell Order Phone 410- 661- 9000 Ask For Dave Harrington Tell Him Mike And Debbie Told You To Call Treated Us Fair I Paid Msrp!! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts