Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the ABC's of delivery? I assume they don't wait to load a trailer full of Solstices before taking off for the dealership, do they? Does the carrier stop at other plants to pick up other GM vehicles so it has a full load, and if so, how far out of their way do they go to have a fully loaded truck before proceeding to the dealer? I'm sure Small Dealer (or any dealer) knows the answer to this but it seems strange no one seems to have been given a delivery date even though shipment supposedly begins today. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have seen trucks with a load of GM cars of various brands that are obviously headed to mutiple dealers. Small Dealer can probably clearify this but I think in the midwest they are probably truck (or train?) shipped to central holding yards such as in Chicago where they are reloaded for specific areas. Then drop a car or two at one dealer and proceed down the road to the next. Unless, off course they are giving our Solstice some sort of "priority" service! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAS22 said:
Unless, off course they are giving our Solstice some sort of "priority" service! ;)
That's what I'm hoping for.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mceb said:
That's what I'm hoping for.

Me too! We should know pretty soon they are supposed to begin shipping to dealers today according to other threads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts