Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP 28,000 miles on it. Last month I started noticing when I went to close my door it would not close the latch kept getting stuck. Then one day I went to get out of my car and could not neither door would open. So I had to climb out the window. The doors worked when they wanted to both from the outside and the inside. So finally they both have stopped working completely. So I brought it in and was shocked to hear that both my drivers side actuator and my passenger side actuator are corroded. The car is driven in the winter, but it stored in the garage after work and all weekend. How the heck would both sides be shot with only 28,000 miles on the car? Jeesh! So $600.00 dollars later I figured I would share my story in case it happens to you, you know what is wrong because when I was trying to get info on it I could not find another Solstice with the same problems.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Wow Jeni thanks for the heads up and welcome to the forum. Many tips here from awesome people to help you get the most from your car. Maintenance and modification ideas galore. Sorry you had this problem it is rare I believe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
There must have been a leak of some kind getting into doors.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
WOW, that shop's story smells kinda fishy. They didn't by any chance show/give you the supposedly worn out parts , did they?

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
For what it is worth, here is a drawing of the door. The cable that runs from the inside handle to the latch would seem to be the point of failure. It is not clear how that would experience enough oxidation to inhibit operation. It is more likely a problem with the latch but both latches at the same time?

I would want to look at the removed parts to satisfy myself on the cause.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the replies. I did not see the parts that they took out, but both doors do work now. It is humid here and we get a TON of snow. I have really great snow tires for it. I am in upstate NY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts