1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
We had a discussion on this one a few weeks back, which quickly degenerated into a circular argument over which car is "best" complete with the beginning of flame wars and such.

I'll let this one stand. Now that time has gone by to let cooler heads prevail, maybe we are ready to have a serious, intellectual, respectful conversation on the MX-5-Sol comparison.

I hope so anyway!

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How'd I miss all that fun?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
We had a discussion on this one a few weeks back, which quickly degenerated into a circular argument over which car is "best" complete with the beginning of flame wars and such.

I'll let this one stand. Now that time has gone by to let cooler heads prevail, maybe we are ready to have a serious, intellectual, respectful conversation on the MX-5-Sol comparison.

I hope so anyway!
The MX-5 Sucks!!!! JUST KIDDING!!!!! :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist.

But I do have one thing to note, other threads have talked about the new MX-5 being readily available while the Solstice is not. I haven't gone over to a Mazda dealer to see if this is true, but I can tell you that here in Southwest Ohio I have yet to see one of the new Miata's either, let alone another Solstice other than my wife's. So they are both in rare existance around here I think. Just an observation.

·
4,592 Posts
Bonzo said:
But I do have one thing to note, other threads have talked about the new MX-5 being readily available while the Solstice is not. I haven't gone over to a Mazda dealer to see if this is true, but I can tell you that here in Southwest Ohio I have yet to see one of the new Miata's either, let alone another Solstice other than my wife's. So they are both in rare existance around here I think. Just an observation.
There are about 9 mx-5s on my dealer's lot, they aren't flying of the lots. But, the fact they are holding out for msrp is the mostly likely culprit.

One point of discussion that degenerated was that the mx-5 isn't moving, and the sol is in strong demand, since that discussion has already happened, I hope this discussion won't go that direction.

I've stopped visiting the mx-5 v sol threads, they end up in the same ugly place, maybe this time will be different.

:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
RODEO said:
....mx-5 v sol threads...end up in the same ugly place, maybe this time will be different. :grouphug:
When you think hard about it, it is interesting that so many people can be so passionate about something as basic as a transportation device. Now if this were a transporter from Star Trek, then we would have something to be really seriously passionate about! :yesnod: "Hey wife, I'm going to California for lunch." "Okay husband, since you're doing that I'm going to go take the kids to Switzerland for a picnic." :cool: :thumbs:

EERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrup!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
RODEO said:
I've stopped visiting the mx-5 v sol threads, they end up in the same ugly place, maybe this time will be different.
Why? Did we get a huge influx of new members?

:glol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts