Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good: Chevy (classic BowTie), Pontiac (Beautiful but simple Arrowhead), Ford(Classic Ford Script in a blue oval), Chrysler pentastar(Sign of power like the Pentagon in DC), Mercedes tristar(Simply Elegant), Acura (A Star Fleet Communicator), Dodge (A strong Ram), Saturn, (The planet Saturn, Futuristic)
Mustang (galoping horse), Corvette (Crossed racing flags), Volkswagen (Classic VW design), Impala (Fleet footed Animal)

Bad: Mazda(What is it a Seagull?), Toyota (a Sleeping Mexican?), Lexus(An L in a circle how origional), Hyundai (A H in a circle...ho hum :yawn: ), Honda (an H in a square...even more ho hum :yawn: ), Buick (Something from Camelot), Hummer(just the name)

Ugly: Scion(a funny looking S in a circle with the name through it), Mercury, (Hockey sticks in a circle, what it that about?), Subaru (Just plain weird),

can't think of any more right now but I am sure you can come up with some others, or may disagree with mine, thats ok.... It's all in fun.. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Classic66vair said:
Mercury, (Hockey sticks in a circle, what it that about
That was all the hockey we got last year. Someone with more time needs to post a selection of marquees here in your thread, and then you can set it up as a poll so we can vote. Or even better is a grouping of some obscure ones and conduct a little quiz, see who can identify them all first.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Good: Jaguire and Rolls Royce (three dimensional!), BMW (classy "coat of arms"), Ferrari (simple and looks really good on a red car), Aston Martin (Aviator fight wings), Bugatti EB (I don't understand the backwards E, but it's neat), Firebird (Old Style), Porche (classy "coat of arms"), Maserati (triton, powerful, simple), Vauxhall (it's practically my favorite animal), Original Viper logo

Bad: Kia (second-grade design contest?), Hyundai (plain bad), Fiat (how original), Opel (Embroidered chest logo? I'm OPEL MAN!), Saturn (too big and busy), Maybach (I'm confused), Alfa Romero (I'm not sure why I don't like it),

Ugly: Scion, Subaru, nuff said.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Isn't the BMW badge supposed to harken back to their beginnings as aircraft engine builders? I believe it is meant to symbolize a propellor.

·
Registered
245 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Isn't the BMW badge supposed to harken back to their beginnings as aircraft engine builders? I believe it is meant to symbolize a propellor.
thats what it means alright. :yesnod:

i think my favorite emblem is jaguar. chrysler used to have the pentagon star but with a clear piece plastic that made it look like a big jewel or diamond or something. looked cool. i have a friend that has that symbol on his caravelle.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Here's a halfway decent list of emblems/logo's. The list itself isn't the most up to date as to who owns who, but this list is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jester316 said:
thats what it means alright. :yesnod:

i think my favorite emblem is jaguar. chrysler used to have the pentagon star but with a clear piece plastic that made it look like a big jewel or diamond or something. looked cool. i have a friend that has that symbol on his caravelle.
I think my favorite emblem is the Corvette Sting Ray emblem on the 63-67 Corvettes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts