Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I was so excited on Thursday night when I got the call that the car was here. I told my salesman I would be there Saturday to pick it up. I get to the dealership this morning and we go over everything and then he tells me that he "misplaced" my deposit and my credit application. Then I look at the car and it is not the car I ordered. It has pretty much everything in it. No onstar or Smokers package. Now I have to decide if I want to take the car. Has anyone else received the car they didn't order or better yet does anyone know why this happened? Are they just sending them because they know regardless they will sell it if not to me to someone else. That just isn't right. Thanx for listening to me vent I am done now.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That sounds very odd to me. I cannot imagine how they could have made that mistake. but I have a few questions.

1. How is it different? Becasue if all it is missing is Onstar then that was not their fault, becasue the early cars could not get Onstar. it recently became available.

2. If it is not waht you ordered/want. Then DO NOT BUY THE CAR!!! Never settle for somethign when you are spending good money. I know that sounds weird coming from a car salesmen, but I personally live by the rule that a car is the second larghest investment someone can make and that you need to be happy with what you get.

3. What is the dealership saying. kinda left us in the dark on this. Are they just shrugging their shoulders, saying "I dunno" or are they being @$$holes and saying that they cannot help you in any way.

They did not get the wrong car. That much I know for sure. They got exactly what they ordered. So either someone ordered the car wrong or that is not your car.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think the smokers package is just an ash tray that fits into the 3rd cup holder and a lighter that plugs into the existing 12v outlet. Onstar was not available when I ordered my car.
If my car showed up without the 6 disc or without the Xm or without the polished wheels, I would be disappointed but the car would be in my garage that night.
I am terible with delayed gratification. My car was built 10-05 but did not get loaded onto the train until 10-31. If there was an ebay car close I might have bought it instead of waiting any longer. I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!! :brentil:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
None that I know of in the earlier cars that ordered smokers package got it, this happened to us. Have you dealer get you the smokers package, $25.00 you can install it yourself. Onstar wasn't available back then. If the color and everything else is ok then it's your car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts