Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just want to no if anybody has a good recommendation on a good pair of jackstands and a good floor jack. I plan on keeping the rims and brakes good and clean,so I would like to do this by taking the tires off of course. Plus it would give my wife an idea for a X-MAS present. :lol:

I do no that gojacks make an excellent mobile jack,but I want something that would be good for working on my SOL.

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
On a side note has anyone looked into a jack that will work out on the road and fit in the trunk. Sometime tires are damaged to much for "fix-a-flat".

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Sydney said:
On a side note has anyone looked into a jack that will work out on the road and fit in the trunk. Sometime tires are damaged to much for "fix-a-flat".
Are you going to keep your spare in the passenger foot-well?

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Fortimir said:
:agree: Best bet is to call that road service that GM provides. No need for any more "dead weight" due to the limited weight issue.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Fortimir said:
:lol: No but it would be nice to be able to remove the wheel and take it somewhere to be replaced and not have to pay the extra road service fee. I find calling friends or family always gets quicker results than "road service".

MSG_McKee said:
:agree: No need for any more "dead weight" due to the limited weight issue.
I don't think the added weight of a hand jack will make a critical difference. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts