Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda civic wins it, the solstice was a runner up. I think the solstice should have won it hands down. Whats wrong with this country voting for these dam foreign cars get them out of this country now :devil: :devil: :devil:

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The mazda won the car of the year in japan. Do you think for one minute japan would give any american car that award. What about are beloved corvette or are beautiful solstice they are fine examples of style and quality.This country better wake up and buy american cars only. 30.000 jobs gone forever

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
I could see Civic winning in the compact car class ... or even sedan, but not the overall Car of The Year. :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Product Development

The fact that the car is a hybrid tipped the scale in Honda's favor. Civics became invisible to me long ago, they were so boring.
Taking 2nd place with a conventional engine isn't bad.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Overall practicality becomes a major factor as the electrodes in the brains of the testers shrivel and die from the atrophy of not having American performance cars for so long. Remember when it was MT Car of the Year and a companion Furin COY? Then the Solstice would be first. But the scales tip favorably towards grocery-getters. Hey, we could give them a Solstice economy version like diesel-powered Opel Speedster they have in Europe. But, as they say around these parts, that's another thread.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
vroom, vroom, go boy go! :lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Look I'm on your side. The Solstice is an amazing car in more ways than I can count, but if you ordered Civic today, would you have to wait 6 months to get one?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My car isn't in yet, but from what I have read here, the Solstice has way too many quality and design problems to be the winner.

I hope that they fix most of them before the next batch is released. Makes me wonder what the GM engineers have been doing for the past few years. Most engineers that I know (me included) have been taking tons of quality, six sigma, design for manufacturing, etc. classes.

Maybe that's one reason that GM is not profitable enough to keep their plants open.

·
Registered
202 Posts
car of the year

the question is would you wait 6 months for a civic? this doesn't excuse it but many hondas are made in ohio.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
dave clancy said:
This country better wake up and buy american cars only. 30.000 jobs gone forever

An FYI The US Civic is built in the US by US workers. US Honda plants employ over 24,530 people.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
T-man said:
My car isn't in yet, but from what I have read here, the Solstice has way too many quality and design problems to be the winner.

I hope that they fix most of them before the next batch is released. Makes me wonder what the GM engineers have been doing for the past few years. Most engineers that I know (me included) have been taking tons of quality, six sigma, design for manufacturing, etc. classes.

Maybe that's one reason that GM is not profitable enough to keep their plants open.
Where have you been living? GM's cars have ranked near the top in quality surveys the last five years. There are always roblems with any totally new car. If you really believe the Solstice has serious problems, why would you order one? Mine has no problems. And to GM's credit, theyare trying to solve any quality issues before they are delivered. As to the issue of keeping plants open, many plants should have been closed years ago because GM has too many.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
mcronec5 said:
Look I'm on your side. The Solstice is an amazing car in more ways than I can count, but if you ordered Civic today, would you have to wait 6 months to get one?
Would the boring, mind numbing design of the Civic be worth waiting 6 minutes for?

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
LBJay said:
An FYI The US Civic is built in the US by US workers. US Honda plants employ over 24,530 people.
:agree: Plus Mercedes, Honda,and Hyundai have plants in Alabama and most of their parts come from within AL (US).

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered my car before coming to this forum, and didn't know about all of these problems and quality holds.

I must admit, I am very surprised to hear about all of the troubles with this car. I too thought that GM knew better.

Having to fix things such as leaks and hoods that rub and axle clunks and bad radio grounds violate quality design principals.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
T-man said:

This is a new car launch what do you expect. I have read consumers reports on domestic and cars built abroad they all have issues the first year. I think GM is doing a good job tryng to get this car right the first time .In fact consumers reports says never buy a first year launch car. I am getting this beauty any way. I have confidence in GM :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
T-man said:
I ordered my car before coming to this forum, and didn't know about all of these problems and quality holds.

I must admit, I am very surprised to hear about all of the troubles with this car. I too thought that GM knew better.

Having to fix things such as leaks and hoods that rub and axle clunks and bad radio grounds violate quality design principals.
Well, I think you should probably cancel your order before you get stuck with one of these clunkers.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts