Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any body know where the radiator hole is at on top to poor water too? My car is over heating and i can't seem to find it. Cause my car was leaking water took it to the shop and they said they couldnt find any leaks. WTF? and now its over heating? Im thinking water in the radiator is out or low thats why its causing this but I'm not sure. Seems like pontiac solstice is different from some other car cause usually the radiator will have a top where you could poor water in.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Water pump..... search waterpump woes....

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Any body know where the radiator hole is at on top to poor water too? My car is over heating and i can't seem to find it. Cause my car was leaking water took it to the shop and they said they couldnt find any leaks. WTF? and now its over heating? Im thinking water in the radiator is out or low thats why its causing this but I'm not sure. Seems like pontiac solstice is different from some other car cause usually the radiator will have a top where you could poor water in.
Driver side behind wheel well, in front of the firewall, big white plastic thing that is NOT on top of the brake master cylinder.

Did you forget where it was at from a year ago when you posted about a coolant issue?

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=4542829

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Why do you think it's leaking? Do you see water puddles, or do you think the coolant level is low? If the former, look where the water is coming from. If the latter, it may not actually be low - but just appear that way. MORE DATA NEEDED :)

As for the overheating, that may be due to air bubbles in the cooling system. Our cars are notorious for this, so much so that GM put out a TSB (#10-06-02-001) to install one-way valves in the coolant pipes. GS Stage 1 also did a comprehensive post on how to 'bleed' the bubbles from the cylinder head.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Ditto on TSB, I had that issue on my '08 and '09 Solstice

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i saw a puddle or coolant water under the car and when i opened up the hood it was leaking from the side, passenger side. Thats why i took it in but then they said there was no leak so idk what is going on.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sounds like a water pump buddy. There's gotta be residue of where the coolant is coming from if it's leaking that bad. Look under the car and with a flashlight I'm sure you can track it's origin.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
This past year I started to have no heat and overheating issues. It was a sporatic thing.

Just recently the temp spiked to 250F. After letting it cool down it was ok for a few days and noticed the heater was pumping cool air with the car at temperature. Figured it was time to flush and refilled the system. The temps are better yet I can tell by the upper Raditor house there is air and the heater is still pumping cool air.

There is a thread that is specific to this listing a tech billetin 10-06-02-001. The TB has the installation of two check values to prevent air in the system.

Other fixes offer instruction on evelating the car on the drivers side, disconnecting the return hose and raising the fill reservior to bleed out the air. Since I have had very little success in squessing the air out the upper hose may plan is to jack the drivers side, remove the house from the engine, fill with dex-cool and reinstall. With the car up I will try the air purge technique again that DDM has on U-tube.

Still plan on ordering the check valves pn:20876185 and installing myself since the car is out of wrty. Maybe a call to the dealer will be helpful too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts