Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out Yahoo.com. The Solstice is the featured car with approx. 239 reviews.

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
fak429 said:
Check out Yahoo.com. The Solstice is the featured car with approx. 239 reviews.
OK if you want to read reviews by people who haven't even seen one up close. Waste of cyberspace IMHO.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
95% of the reviews missing stars are because "the price is deceptive."

Oh please, the only cars that come well-equiped standard are $30,000+. People don't realize that when you get things standard, YOU ARE STILL PAYING FOR THEM!!!

It's much better to start with little, because if you don't NEED things, don't pay for them. You don't NEED any of the options. That's why they are called OPTIONS. But you are still getting 4-wheel disks... leather shifter... a convertible... 18 inch rims... things that are many times optional, standard.

People wouldn't complain if the base price was $21,999 and included AC, ABS, and PWR.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortimir said:
95% of the reviews missing stars are because "the price is deceptive."

Oh please, the only cars that come well-equiped standard are $30,000+. People don't realize that when you get things standard, YOU ARE STILL PAYING FOR THEM!!!

It's much better to start with little, because if you don't NEED things, don't pay for them. You don't NEED any of the options. That's why they are called OPTIONS. But you are still getting 4-wheel disks... leather shifter... a convertible... 18 inch rims... things that are many times optional, standard.

People wouldn't complain if the base price was $21,999 and included AC, ABS, and PWR.
Actually the pricing is fairly straight forward. The basic (and you certainly could order it that way) and then the packages. It's very easy to figure out.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Editguy said:
Actually the pricing is fairly straight forward. The basic (and you certainly could order it that way) and then the packages. It's very easy to figure out.
I agree the pricing is straight forward, but people are complaining that they "deceive by making you think it's a $20,000 car but they leave out tons of options."

The answer is, yes, they do leave out options to get that price... but like I said, no one would complain if they made it more expensive and put in a couple more options. People just look at the bottom line. It's sad, really.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortimir said:
I agree the pricing is straight forward, but people are complaining that they "deceive by making you think it's a $20,000 car but they leave out tons of options."

The answer is, yes, they do leave out options to get that price... but like I said, no one would complain if they made it more expensive and put in a couple more options. People just look at the bottom line. It's sad, really.
:agree: To me it's one of the great things about the Sol. If you don't want it loaded with options, you don't have to get it that way. The other funny thing about what they are saying is that if you load it with everything available, it's still a bargain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts