Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting carbon fiber for my dash and panels. Probably two tone. I have an extra dash I was thinking of doing it myself to practice. I would prefer to have it done professionally but I'm not sure of the pricing.

Has anyone done that themselves recently? Any pics you can share? Realistically how long could something like that take? Us there any brands or types I should avoid?

Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
Check my recent post in "What did you do to your Solstice today", What did you do to your solstice today?. I did mine in silver carbon fiber by hydrodipping. The film I used was clear carbon fiber and whatever base color you use shows as the color of the carbon fiber. Not difficult to do but there is a learning curve.

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts
There are companies out there who make carbon fiber dash kits similar to the wood grain kits I have one in my stash parts it's really well made , as mentioned above hydrodipping is another option

·
Super Moderator
16,344 Posts
I had a carbon fiber dash kit on Punisher for a year or so. It was nice but was obviously a stick on cover

I eventually had my boomerang and air vents etc dipped. Hydrographic dipping looks much more better. :)

You can have the dash color painted to match the car or in an accent color, then have the carbon fiber dip printed over the top, then cleared. It looks GREAT and is highly customizable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts