Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been a hamburger cook, a women's clothing salesman, a college professor, but this afternoon, I officially became a Waiter!

Put my deposit down for an Envious/Ebony/ABS/LSD/Power/Premium/Convenience/6-CD Changer with Monsoon/Floor mats/Painted hweels this afternoon about 2:00 pm Texas time. I know I will not see it until next summer, but I can save more down payment until then! My dealer (drove 15 minutes to a small town just east of Lubbock) was more than kind. The fleet manager got me started and then the owner of the dealership entered my order and took my deposit. He has already arranged with the owner of his first order to allow those of us waiting to get test rides/drives!!

It seems so unreal. ;)

--Chemist (Waiting for Godot... and my Solstice)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Chemist said:
Well, I have been a hamburger cook, a women's clothing salesman, a college professor, but this afternoon, I officially became a Waiter!

Put my deposit down for an Envious/Ebony/ABS/LSD/Power/Premium/Convenience/6-CD Changer with Monsoon/Floor mats/Painted hweels this afternoon about 2:00 pm Texas time. I know I will not see it until next summer, but I can save more down payment until then! My dealer (drove 15 minutes to a small town just east of Lubbock) was more than kind. The fleet manager got me started and then the owner of the dealership entered my order and took my deposit. He has already arranged with the owner of his first order to allow those of us waiting to get test rides/drives!!

It seems so unreal. ;)

--Chemist (Waiting for Godot... and my Solstice)
Congratulations, after the news I got today you may get yours before I get my sky :(

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Way to go Texas!!! The wait will be worth it. Congratulations.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do they teach you guys that "intellectual" humor when you take teaching courses in school? I love teacher humor. My sister, a teacher, (and several highschool teachers I had) have that same "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" dry humor. Waiter, great one. :glol:

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stunty3 said:
Do they teach you guys that "intellectual" humor when you take teaching courses in school? I love teacher humor. My sister, a teacher, (and several highschool teachers I had) have that same "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" dry humor. Waiter, great one. :glol:
It's not so much taught as simply a common "talent" of people who then teach. (I've got a captive audience with an incentive to laugh at what _I_ think are jokes. :lol: )

I tell my classes expressly that I am "self-amusing" and they don't have to laugh, but that it couldn't hurt. ;)

Anyway, I am glad to be waiting with the rest of y'all.

--Chemist

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
good luck...grab a number...just like in BeetleJuice...remember they waited 6 months to see their counselor?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Chemist said:
It's not so much taught as simply a common "talent" of people who then teach. (I've got a captive audience with an incentive to laugh at what _I_ think are jokes. :lol: )

I tell my classes expressly that I am "self-amusing" and they don't have to laugh, but that it couldn't hurt. ;)

Anyway, I am glad to be waiting with the rest of y'all.

--Chemist
Yeah, sometimes I think we're frustrated comedians that have found a captive audience with an incentive to laugh. Well, half of us anyway. The other half is very cranky!

·
2,574 Posts
Editguy said:
Yeah, sometimes I think we're frustrated comedians that have found a captive audience with an incentive to laugh. Well, half of us anyway. The other half is very cranky!
You'd be cranky too if you were a member of this captive audience. :lol:

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SCISOLSTICE said:
Way to go. MSRP I hope...
Thanks! Oh, yes, I neglected to mention that I did certainly get MSRP, in writing. :thumbs: It seems that with some 25 dealers within 125 miles of Lubbock, getting MSRP is the standard not the exception in this part of the country.

On the "humor" side subject going on here, I find that my best material still falls short in my 11:30-12:30 MWF section. The students' minds are all on food, especially on Friday!

--Chemist

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
birdliver said:
You'd be cranky too if you were a member of this captive audience. :lol:
Okay, ya got me . But I wasn't talking about the students. I was talking about the teachers! :lol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Chemist... you were my guiding light, my ray of hope. I will always be envious of envious but only with the sand/steel... really thought you would hold out.
Happy for you though. I'm VIN 180, pessimistically due in 7 days, Deep w/ 2 tone. Its been quite a wait and I wish you well w/ my favorite color. :)

·
1,492 Posts
Correct equation

Glad you finnaly got stirred up enough to order your Sol.

Periodically, i thought that this forum would certainly be the catalysis to this final equation, i.e. ordering.

Keep us posted as to all your organic and inorganic reactions during that solstice process.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Chemist said:
It seems so unreal. ;)
What baffles me is that you LOADED it up....

.....and then decided to go with painted wheels.

:crazy:

What like you ONLY have just enough money to get all those options and you ran out JUST before getting to the wheels? :lol: Nah! Just messin with ya, I got painted too, I think they'll look great on your Envious!

·
2,574 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
I'm about to do the same thing, did you put down 500 or a grand, if you don't mind me asking? I'm hoping I can get away with 500.
I got away with $200 no problem, Aztec

1 - 20 of 39 Posts