Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,
So last night I decided to run a carfax report on my car.
Was just curious. But I'm wondering what "Listed as a manufacturer vehicle" means?
The story I was told when I bought it was this.
The car was used as a display model in the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) in 2008. I found evidence of this because there were a bunch of pamphlets from the CNE in the glovebox. The care was/is pristine when I got it. It's a 2008 GXP...

So I'm wondering about the "2008 Jun 2" date... would that be the dealership registration? or the company that displayed it? Then after the exhibit it looks like it was sold at auction. Why sold at auction? in Dec 15.

The CNE runs from August to labor day if I remember correctly.

I bought it 2009 Apr 29.

Otherwise no accidents reports. Everything is clean.

Thanks for any input. Just trying to figure out the history. I'm pretty sure what I was told is true.

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Circle

·
Premium Member
5,266 Posts
June 2, 2008 would be the date that the car warranty started... This can be confirmed ( or invalidated )
by visiting any GM dealer and asking them for the 'in service date' of the car

·
Premium Member
5,266 Posts
it is much easier for the manufacturer to sell a car at auction
then it is to give a dealer a 'used' car to sell.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you PM me the VIN, I can see what's in the GM system about it. Should show where is was delivered/sold.
Thanks. I PMed the VIN
Much appreciated

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the car since 2009. I've had no problems. But with everyone's talk about their cars history I was always wondering about the story behind mine. I knew it wasn't "new"... it was sold as used.
So it will be interesting to figure it out.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So... with the help of Ennonne it looks like my GXP was a show-car for the 2008 Canadian National Exhibition. (CNE). Which is really cool.

The car was purchased from GM by the company that prepares cars for autoshows, then auctioned off a few months later. Making me the second owner.

So its something a little special. 🙂

·
Administrator
11,309 Posts
So... with the help of Ennonne it looks like my GXP was a show-car for the 2008 Canadian National Exhibition. (CNE). Which is really cool.

The car was purchased from GM by the company that prepares cars for autoshows, then auctioned off a few months later. Making me the second owner.

So its something a little special. 🙂
It was special already, that just makes it a little more special.

Reactions: DragonSolGXP

·
Premium Member
18,492 Posts
Cool story
If you go to your local GM dealer and ask for a maintenance history report it will list every time the car has been touched by a dealer. It also includes the official "in service date" and location. this should match the carfax. The advantage of this report is you can be certain that all recalls have been applied and can check against any tech order updates that are published and may or may not have been applied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts