Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the trunk is reported to be so small, will there be any storage room behind the seats? My wife and I might like to use this car for touring, but we'd need room for a couple of gym type bags for our stuff. Don't tell me that it'll fit in the trunk with the top up because having the top down is half the fun. If we can't haul a couple of small bags in this car, we may have to stick to riding our motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I wouldn't count on much room behind the seats, but no one knows for sure yet. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get one gym bag in the trunk with the top down, and the other on can go the passanger floor with your wife's feet on it. I don't know, I'm in the same boat, I have to figure this thing out too, but where there's a will there's a way, and if your used to touring on motorcycle, then you must be packing fairly lighty. I'm sure this is doable for you.

·
Registered
496 Posts
cargo room

The seat backs were right up against the back of the cockpit. Since I was not able to sit in the car, I don't know if I would have had to move the seat up to reach the pedals. We were speculating there might be a tiny bit of room behind the seat if it need to be moved up but I doubt it would be enough for a gym bag. There absolutely won't be the amount of space I have in my Del Sol.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My hope is the two cubic feet trunk they keep talking about is roughly the size and shape of the two rear bags on a bagger put end to end. Although it's no good at guessing lottery numbers, my Magic Eight Ball says 8"x13"x33". That would just fit two small gym bags. If one or both of you are on the shorter side, there'd probably be a tiny bit of room behind the seat as well (assuming the passenger seat moves).

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
1 of the magazine articles last spring said the engineers were working on trying to come up with something between the seats but it wasn't in the test mule.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
The space may also depend on how far back you need to have the seat to be comfortable. Taller people will need the seat back which will obviously leave much less room than someone who can be comfortable with the seat pulled forward. I can squeeze some things behind the passenger seat in my Fiero if need be, but I drive with the drivers seat all the way back, and only the skinniest of items can be put back there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts