Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I usually do on a Saturday mornings when I'm in town, I took Mysti to Cars&Coffee this morning. It was a capacity house with many interesting exhibitors and spectators. Here are a few of the rides that caught my eye

Don121W's Library | Photobucket

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Don , Was that a silver Tesla Sports model there ? We did a Cars & coffee in PA and 5 teslas showed up but all sedans . Still wild looking. They are some nice pictures & Solstice

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes the little green car is a tesla. It's older though, and I think based on the lotus Elise chassis. There are usually one or two there most Saturdays.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Don , Was that a silver Tesla Sports model there ? We did a Cars & coffee in PA and 5 Teslas showed up but all sedans . Still wild looking. They are some nice pictures & Solstice
I didn't see any Teslas that I recognized as such. The little green sport coupe that XX identified as a older Tesla I thought it had a Lotus insignia on the nose but I wasn't paying that close of attention. But I do recall thinking when he was backing into his space that his car was very quiet - no obvious engine noise. I guess maybe it was a Tesla.

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello you are correct, though I was being a little cheeky about our hood and fenders. He used the same mesh material on the fenders and hood opening. Thanks Norm
True that the mesh is the same in the grille as in the side panels. I believe he also intends to replace the plastic honeycomb brake vent grids in the running light grilles with the same chrome mesh.

I've been thinking of making some custom grilles in front using the outer rims in the center grilles and running light grilles, and replacing the honeycombs with the same wire mesh in black chrome but I want the mesh recessed about 1/2" or so. I suppose I'll have to do it myself as a custom job; I can't find a supplier who has such a product already.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was in the area so I went to the show. Got there about 9 am and what remained was a handful of cars. Talk about a short car show!

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was in the area so I went to the show. Got there about 9 am and what remained was a handful of cars. Talk about a short car show!
Sorry you missed the show (if you can call it that.) Lately, with daylight savings time, it seems like people start arriving at (or maybe before?) daybreak, and start rolling out by 8:00. I got there at 6:15 last Saturday, and the exhibitor area was probably 70% full - something that normally doesn't happen until after 7:00.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Guess we caught Norm looking. The plan is to use the same mesh in the fog light bezels and then chrome the whole piece. With a little luck we will also chrome the mesh in the hood scoops.

Thanks Norm; the fiberglass parts fit well.

Carpe, you might check w/ my fabricator, I am sure he could do what you want done.

Also though it doesn't show in the photo the black parts are a metallic with a blue fleck while the scoops and the head rests are a slightly lighter shade of charcoal.

Sam from CA

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Yes the little green car is a tesla. It's older though, and I think based on the lotus Elise chassis. There are usually one or two there most Saturdays.
Yes, that's a Tesla Roadster and it's at most 5 years old or so. You're right, it is based on the Lotus Elise chassis.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I missed you guys by one week end.

I picked my SKY on the 6th.

I was there today and there were mostly Porches and VW's, then Mustangs.

Back to the Future car was there. That's the Delorean.

Also an old 50's car from the movie Christine was there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts