Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dealer called the Dealer Business Center today to find out about my car 128 and also about another car 175

They told him that all the cars on transport hold will be released after Sept 6th,
they said that someone will call us after then to advise on shipping.

·
Registered
177 Posts
JCRRPZ said:
My Dealer called the Dealer Business Center today to find out about my car 128 and also about another car 175

They told him that all the cars on transport hold will be released after Sept 6th,
they said that someone will call us after then to advise on shipping.
have similar info & hope to update manana... sucks (#180) :cuss:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Excelsior said:
The delivery driver's need a vacation as much as we do I bet.
Easy for you to say... Just deliver my car then you guys can take a much deserved vacation while everyone else goes out of their minds. :) (Just kidding of course).

I'd love to hear that my first 1k was sitting on the lot waiting to be delivered. It's a heck of a lot better than "Broadcast to factory, waiting for production". AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
It's like our cars are under the press embargo :lol: September was the release of press info too, I smell a conspiracy theory, it's all being timed for release by the same guy who invented the Apprentice promo :devil:

·
Registered
504 Posts
mceb said:
It's like our cars are under the press embargo :lol: September was the release of press info too, I smell a conspiracy theory, it's all being timed for release by the same guy who invented the Apprentice promo :devil:
:agree: Been floating in my mind for awhile as a reason for turtle speed release. :cool:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mceb said:

I suspected a while back that there was a marketing strategy behind only letting a trickle of cars out now. Perhaps all the other excuses were just cover. I still bet their waiting until Sept to tie into promotions for 2006 models.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got confirmation from my dealer, car is on transport hold after being loaded on the train last Friday at the Plant, code number 4V02 for those of you educating your dealers. Could be Hurricaine effect for shipments to the southeast at the moment.

Steve

·
Registered
177 Posts
I expect a call today... can't post til about 4:15 Pacific. VIN 180 due the 3 days ago 29th. :(

·
Registered
233 Posts
My car was due on the 18th, unloaded from the train on the 22nd in Birmingham, called GM Headquarters Monday and got nowhere. Today, I just received an email from my dealer stating:>
Suzy,
I checked on your car today. The Dealer Business Center said that your car is on hold and that it was being shipped back to the
plant. I have no idea why it is being shipped back to the plant. I hope we get some information soon on the reason. I know that
this is very disappointing.

Talk about disappointing!!! It was only 1.15hrs away and now I am back to square one. :willy:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
mssleepr said:
My car was due on the 18th, unloaded from the train on the 22nd in Birmingham, called GM Headquarters Monday and got nowhere. Today, I just received an email from my dealer stating:>
Suzy,
I checked on your car today. The Dealer Business Center said that your car is on hold and that it was being shipped back to the
plant. I have no idea why it is being shipped back to the plant. I hope we get some information soon on the reason. I know that
this is very disappointing.

Talk about disappointing!!! It was only 1.15hrs away and now I am back to square one. :willy:
I cant beleive GM would release a car to transit...ship it to B'Ham...then ask for it to be shipped back to the plant....this is like a recall.... sounds too weird.....I think the dealer is fishing here as well.....sounds suspicious to me!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not unbelievable my car 128 had left the plant was on a carrier about 2 miles from my dealer and it sat there for a day then was taken back to the plant. i just wish GM would tell us what is going on.
PAO said:
I cant beleive GM would release a car to transit...ship it to B'Ham...then ask for it to be shipped back to the plant....this is like a recall.... sounds too weird.....I think the dealer is fishing here as well.....sounds suspicious to me!!!!

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I think the Pontiac and GM talking heads are working under the mushroom principle...keep us in the dark and feed us s**t.

The problem is.. we all talk to each other.. and get information..

C'mon Pontiac!!! tell it like it is... if there's a problem let us know... .we know something is up with you guys... why is it so hard to admit something went wrong? If I got caught at work trying to cover up a mistake, I'd be out the door.... I bet you'd do the same to your employees....

Why not try to live by the same principle you expect others to live up to?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AMEN pass the jar
package said:
I think the Pontiac and GM talking heads are working under the mushroom principle...keep us in the dark and feed us s**t.

The problem is.. we all talk to each other.. and get information..

C'mon Pontiac!!! tell it like it is... if there's a problem let us know... .we know something is up with you guys... why is it so hard to admit something went wrong? If I got caught at work trying to cover up a mistake, I'd be out the door.... I bet you'd do the same to your employees....

Why not try to live by the same principle you expect others to live up to?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.