Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told today by my dealers rep, that the cars are going back into the factory to adress some Quality issues. They are hoping to get mine done by wednesday (car 128) then they are going to immediatly ship. so hopefully see the car this weekend.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Based on some others who have got their cars and pointed out some minor quality issues they were able to see with body panel gaps. This may save you from having to complain.

This may have been driven by people already complaining on fit issues.

Hope the best for you.

Later!

·
4,592 Posts
Bought_It said:
Based on some others who have got their cars and pointed out some minor quality issues they were able to see with body panel gaps. This may save you from having to complain.

This may have been driven by people already complaining on fit issues.

Hope the best for you.

Later!
We heard one guy say a similar thing, he included paint as an issue.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well fixing them is one thing but holding them up everytime someone complains about something wont do because you cannot please some people. Just don't want the factory to get gun shy.

·
Registered
533 Posts
RODEO said:
We heard one guy say a similar thing, he included paint as an issue.
What about the paint? I'm curious as I was the victim of a paint issue on a prior car.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
tcl said:
What about the paint? I'm curious as I was the victim of a paint issue on a prior car.
I didn't think that guy had paint issue but something fit-related caused a chip I thought. Too many post, hard to remember :willy:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
mceb said:
I didn't think that guy had paint issue but something fit-related caused a chip I thought. Too many post, hard to remember :willy:
Yeah ... if it's the same thing I'm thinking of, his dealer was trying to adjust the hood in order to correct the gaps where it meets the body panels and they overcorrected, which caused the paint to be chipped when they closed the hood. I haven't heard of an issue with the paint so far.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SlySol said:
Yeah ... if it's the same thing I'm thinking of, his dealer was trying to adjust the hood in order to correct the gaps where it meets the body panels and they overcorrected, which caused the paint to be chipped when they closed the hood. I haven't heard of an issue with the paint so far.
That was it, over-corrected the alignment and caused the chip. thanks

·
4,592 Posts
OK, I admit I could have been wrong, but after 10 minutes of searching, I found the link I referred to. I read it again, nothing about aligning/adjustment thing you guys mentioned, but never well defined either, so there may be a paint issue for some sols out there. Maybe even slowing deliveries???

Here's a quote from the thread's starter:
"My dealer got more information since... It’s kind of patchy but this is what I know. There was some interior paint matching issues, and I have no clue what this means at this point I can only speculate (so I won't).

My car will not be going back to the plant b/c it doesn't have this problem."

Here's the thread:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4136

So, at least I was correct, there was mention of paint and recall.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Actually the one Sly and I remembered was different post. Not paint matching issue, paint chip.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Cmon guys! Its obvious that GM is over sensitive about this new line up..whether it is the Solstice or G6 (convt problems there too) they are trying to salvage a company image and Lutzy has everyone on edge. All of them are probably on a short leash and have their walking papers flung in their face every time someone complains. So that is why the cars are being produced at such a snails pace...OH...that and the employees at Boxwood need to use them to get to work everyday! :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
Actually the one Sly and I remembered was different post. Not paint matching issue, paint chip.
Right, so there was a paint recall rumor floated. And this thread might be related????

·
Registered
528 Posts
The very first thing I did when I saw my car in the service bay today was to walk around and check the body lines. I have to tell you I'm very impressed with the fit of the rear deck lid. Absolutely perfect! The front hood was very close to being right on with only the front right edge being slightly higher than the left.

I have to warn you about unlatching the rear buttresses though. I unlocked the deck lid from inside the car and sound was so loud it made me jump. The spring loaded buttresses make a loud sound when releasing. Just be ready for it when you unlock while sitting in the car.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Thanks for the warning. I wouldn't want to stain the new upholstery.

·
Registered
383 Posts
TerpFan said:
The very first thing I did when I saw my car in the service bay today was to walk around and check the body lines. I have to tell you I'm very impressed with the fit of the rear deck lid. Absolutely perfect! The front hood was very close to being right on with only the front right edge being slightly higher than the left.

I have to warn you about unlatching the rear buttresses though. I unlocked the deck lid from inside the car and sound was so loud it maybe jump. The spring loaded buttresses make a loud sound when releasing. Just be ready for it when you unlock while sitting in the car.

Thanks for the heads up..speaking of which..when will we have H.U.D. in a Solstice?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
RODEO said:
OK, I admit I could have been wrong, but after 10 minutes of searching, I found the link I referred to. I read it again, nothing about aligning/adjustment thing you guys mentioned, but never well defined either, so there may be a paint issue for some sols out there. Maybe even slowing deliveries???
Yep ... that was a completely different thread than what Mceb and I were thinking of. Thanks for posting the link. I had completely missed that one. Hopefully, it's just a rumor, or maybe just an issue with a couple of cars.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not good news

Well my dealer has just told me that ALL CARS STILL SITTING THERE ---
ARE GOING BACK INTO THE FACTORY FOR WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

My order which was at 3400 on 7/28 is still there, no movement.

I am becoming doubtful if they will hit the end of Oct. Date at this rate.

GET IT RIGHT GM --- BECUASE YOU KNOW WE WILL BE PUTTING THESE
CARS UNDER A MICROSCOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

ESSPECIALLY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Oh Well, time for a drink!!!!!! Wish it was friday!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy, I hope all those with cars don't get recalled.

Later!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts