Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, My General manager from Van Devere just called to tell me he just bought a red solstice for his floor, so my car will not be an issue ! I guess I kinda freaked ,the way it was explained to me, that, my replacement could be a few months, that is what upset me.He couldn't have been nicer, and I am still at 3800,but I will receive MSRP and my car when delivered! Just in case anyone is interested, they are NOT marking up any cars over msrp.So even orders in the future will be at msrp. I feel so much better since talking to him,and thanks for everyones support, sorry I confused alot of people, I reread my posts, and I sounded a little crazed.But, it's over, and I'm a happy gal! Now, it's just a wait from here.... Marla

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Marla, glad you got everything worked out to your satisfaction. I completely understand how this car can get you completely freaked out.

Good luck, I hope delivery doesn't take too long for you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm glad it all worked out! It looks like you're still going to have to stand in line ...... behind me. My order moved to 4800 and it sounds like it's out of Quality Control hopfully on it's way. I'm going to check out their car tomorrow on the lot. :willy:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'd be more impressed if they said they did it because they realized it was wrong. The way it stands, it just sounds like they happened to work things out another way or else somebody else happened to cancel, which saved you. The fact that they were putting their own interests above their customer's and you just happened to get lucky that it won't affect you would still kind of bug me, but I guess there's no way to know for sure how it would have played out. Oh well ... glad to hear you don't have to worry about it any more.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
mogo said:
Well, My General manager from Van Devere just called to tell me he just bought a red solstice for his floor, so my car will not be an issue ! I guess I kinda freaked ,the way it was explained to me, that, my replacement could be a few months, that is what upset me.He couldn't have been nicer, and I am still at 3800,but I will receive MSRP and my car when delivered! Just in case anyone is interested, they are NOT marking up any cars over msrp.So even orders in the future will be at msrp. I feel so much better since talking to him,and thanks for everyones support, sorry I confused alot of people, I reread my posts, and I sounded a little crazed.But, it's over, and I'm a happy gal! Now, it's just a wait from here.... Marla
This sounds like a scene from The invasion of the body snatchers. ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They really did get a Solstice in,,,

It will be in tonight, and on display tomorrow, from a reliable source.So, I do feel like everything is good! Marla

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Marla,

I live in Belpre, Ohio and would love to see your Sol sometime when you get it! I am holding out for the Turbo/SC version but haven't even seen one in person! If any other Ohio folks out there want to have a gathering of Sol owners and admirers I would definately try to make it! :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
mogo said:
It will be in tonight, and on display tomorrow, from a reliable source.So, I do feel like everything is good! Marla
It makes me wonder if your calls to GM paid off and they made some kind of deal to get a preproduction Sol to your dealer so that they could make you a happy customer and appease your dealer with something to display. Not trying to make any accusations, but it sure doesn't sound like it was your dealer's change of heart that accounts for the change. Otherwise, it really makes me wonder how they ended up with another Solstice out of the blue. Take note of the numeric part of the VIN if you get a chance to see it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Van Devere in Akron Ohio will have one tomorrow 10/27

He bought it at the auction! I don't know how far you are, but, PM me and when I get mine, we could all meet! Druid -2 too! HTH Marla

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
mogo said:
He bought it at the auction! I don't know how far you are, but, PM me and when I get mine, we could all meet! Druid -2 too! HTH Marla
As in Ebay auction where red just changed hands? Or at GM auction, which could be flood car, no off lease yet or 3 month executive turnovers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Butler PA auto auction... Will post last of VIN tomorrow after my drive :devil:

·
Registered
79 Posts
SlySol said:
It makes me wonder if your calls to GM paid off and they made some kind of deal to get a preproduction Sol to your dealer so that they could make you a happy customer and appease your dealer with something to display. Not trying to make any accusations, but it sure doesn't sound like it was your dealer's change of heart that accounts for the change. Otherwise, it really makes me wonder how they ended up with another Solstice out of the blue. Take note of the numeric part of the VIN if you get a chance to see it.
Sly! Get a grip on yourself, there's no conspiracy, GM did nothing to help, GM didn't put the squeeze on and it didn't get dropped out of a UFO. Van Devere went out and found a USED Solstice at auction, dug into his pocket and paid ABOVE MSRP to keep everybody happy. Give 'em some credit.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
ARKTEK said:
Sly! Get a grip on yourself, there's no conspiracy, GM did nothing to help, GM didn't put the squeeze on and it didn't get dropped out of a UFO. Van Devere went out and found a USED Solstice at auction, dug into his pocket and paid ABOVE MSRP to keep everybody happy. Give 'em some credit.
I posted that possibility before there was any explanation about where it came from and pretty much said it was only speculation. The initial explanation made no mention of an auction, which made me wonder how the heck they just ended up with another Solstice ... like you said, it's not like it's just going to drop out of a UFO. And I have seen a few examples posted of GM making attempts to correct certain dealers' shady practices. For example, there was one dealer marking up one of the first 1000 cars which were supposed to be at MSRP. It was not a requirement that the dealer sell at sticker, but GM still came through and took care of the matter with the dealer somehow, so it's certainly not like it was out of the realm of possibility that they would try to intervene here. I'm not trying to bash dealers unjustly and have stepped in several times to play devil's advocate on the other side in defending some dealers that may have been unfairly accused. I was just trying to get the scoop on what happened.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks slysol

Thanks for your concern,and everyone else,This isn't all about me I know, were all getting impatient.Guess I needed a little direction on what to do.Thanks again! Marla

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Thanks for the GReAT news, mogo! We've all been pulling for you. :grouphug:

Maybe your dealer reads the Forum. If he does, let's give him a :grouphug: too for resolving this to everyone's satisfaction. Thank you.

Now make sure this dealer is not on the Boycott list because of this problem. He's back to the bright side!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts