Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard a sosltice with cat-back exhaust?

·
Registered
182 Posts
leolaw said:
Has anyone heard a sosltice with cat-back exhaust?
We have a prototype Borla single-exit system on ours and it sounds great with no resonance issues. There is noticable pick-up on the bottom end, but we do not have dyno time scheduled until November. A few members that witnessed the system (from in and out of the car) may be able to chime in here...

We requested both Cat-back and Rear Section systems with single and dual rear exit options from Borla.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
gravana1 said:
We have a prototype Borla single-exit system on ours and it sounds great with no resonance issues. There is noticable pick-up on the bottom end, but we do not have dyno time scheduled until November. A few members that witnessed the system (from in and out of the car) may be able to chime in here...

We requested both Cat-back and Rear Section systems with single and dual rear exit options from Borla.
Are you going to have a new valance to go with the dual tip?

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
That is good to know, but please lets have the Dyno figures with each product once you have done this in November.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I am in the process of working with Billy Boat Proformance Exhaust to have a Dual Outlet System made for the Solstice. As we move forward I will keep you all posted on the project.

I am also working with Airaid to have a cold air intake system specificly developed for the Solstice. Putting the two systems together we whould see some noticable proformance gains.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Critterman said:
Are you going to have a new valance to go with the dual tip?
Yes. Our prototype rear center section will debut at SEMA in Carbon Fiber, and should be available late this year. Additionally, if GM releases a dual-split-exit system from the factory next year, those who want a factory look may just want to upgrade. Many of our 2004 GTO customers (single exit) upgraded to the 2005 rear bumper when the 2005 was released with a dual rear exit.

In addition to Borla, we are also a dealer for B&B, JBA, Stainless Works and Magnaflow. Our goal is to drive Solstice/Sky product development with as many aftermarket manufacturers as possible, in order to provide you with the best possible selection. In most cases, if others will not build a product, Gravana will step up and do it.

Jim

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
gravana1 said:
Yes. Our prototype rear center section will debut at SEMA in Carbon Fiber, and should be available late this year. Additionally, if GM releases a dual-split-exit system from the factory next year, those who want a factory look may just want to upgrade. Many of our 2004 GTO customers (single exit) upgraded to the 2005 rear bumper when the 2005 was released with a dual rear exit.

In addition to Borla, we are also a dealer for B&B, JBA, Stainless Works and Magnaflow. Our goal is to drive Solstice/Sky product development with as many aftermarket manufacturers as possible, in order to provide you with the best possible selection. In most cases, if others will not build a product, Gravana will step up and do it.

Jim
Well since I don't have the car yet, I can afford to wait until you are done. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
gravana1 said:

Jim
Well Jim, if you are a dealer for Stainless Works then, will you loan Allen from Stainless Works a car so he can finish his exhaust setup, I have the money ready when Stainless Works comes out with the entire KIT. (Headers, 3" Pipe or dual 2" pipes and dual outlet muffler)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would like to see center outlets rather then dual outlets.Duals just don't seem right to me for a four cyl.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
JAYP said:
I would like to see center outlets rather then dual outlets.Duals just don't seem right to me for a four cyl.
They look good on the right car ... like the 2nd Generation MR2 :thumbs:

·
Registered
38 Posts
SolsticeWolf said:
When my car is delivered, and the GM catback installed, I'll get a sound clip posted.
I'm not sure what a "Catback" is. Is it the whole exhaust system, or just
a part of it? What does it do for the car. Does it make a more deep
sound? What about cost? Expensive?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
runt said:
Go to GM parts direct I think there is a picture. The Solstice Accessories sheet I have say's it replaces the factory exhaust, It's a deeper sound and suppose to give you an extra 5/10 HP.It's $725.00 at dealer installed.I'm having one on our car dealer gave me a break 650.00 installed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
runt said:

A Cat Back is a new exhaust the begins behind the catalytic converter and goes all the way back to the exhaust tip.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
The dealer ended up giving the emplotee discount. Cat back and tip, tonneau,splash guards,smokers package $1000.00 installed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts