Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, gang!

I know you've waited, sorry for the delay here's a clip done while idling of the GM catback, top up windows closed.

Cat-Back, top up, windows closed

I've got 2 more clips, but PutFile's being a pain, could barely get that one posted. I'll add later once I get them up.

Anybody recommend a better site?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Can you put up some pics of the parts as well? And do you have a feel for how much if any improvement in performance?

·
Registered
729 Posts
SolsticeWolf said:
Anybody recommend a better site?
If you don't get putfile working, you can email them to me and I will host them from my website.

[email protected]

- bspate -

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
achieftain said:
Can you put up some pics of the parts as well? And do you have a feel for how much if any improvement in performance?
I can't comment on a performance improvement since I had the exhaust installed when the Sol arrived. However here are pics by request of the system:

GM Catback

·
Registered
184 Posts
Better Performance?

Did you notice any better performance? How much was the system? any photos?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
achieftain said:
I'll let you know when we get our car back, I'm having tonneau and cat back put on now., droped it off today. They also will be fixing minor leak in trunck so it might be a few days before we get it back.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sol Survivor said:
Did you notice any better performance? How much was the system? any photos?

Thanks
Sol Survivor, the system was $625 for the system and $75 for the tip.

A link to the photos is in my post before yours. :)

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bspate said:
If you don't get putfile working, you can email them to me and I will host them from my website.

[email protected]

- bspate -

bspate, I've sent you an email with the clips. PutFile was too frustrating for the others.
Thanks for the help. :yesnod:
These are clips of while I'm parked in my driveway. I'll get clips made while driving when I get a buddy to hold the camera.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks for the pics and file. Are the other two clips from outside the car, by chance?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SolsticeWolf said:
Sol Survivor, the system was $625 for the system and $75 for the tip.

A link to the photos is in my post before yours. :)
If you see accessory sheet the tip is included with the price of catr back. Dealer quoted 625.00 that includes the tip. He gave me a deal, 550.00 than 1 hr to install at 55.00 per hour.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I have a question for either one of you that got the GM Cat Back setup.
Does the GM setup includes a new pipe from the front of the car to the back and then, the new muffler and tip?.
If the answer is yes, do you now if the pipe is 3" pipe?.
The one from Kappasphere only replaces the existing muffler and tip, and is about the same price as the one from GM, maybe a few dollars cheaper.

·
Registered
905 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Does the GM setup includes a new pipe from the front of the car to the back and then, the new muffler and tip?.
The one from Kappasphere only replaces the existing muffler and tip, and is about the same price as the one from GM, maybe a few dollars cheaper.
Yeah I think we're thinking on the same wave length, if they did replace the piping with 3" then it would be a good deal @ ~$600.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LatinVenom said:
System does run from the front to the back.
Pipe from engine to muffler is 2 3/4" approximately
Pipe inside tip is 2 3/4".

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
SolsticeWolf, I am sorry but I do not get that since the original pipe is that diameter, what purpose does this new pipe has, since the converter is right there by the header.
I am confuse to say the least.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LatinVenom said:
SolsticeWolf, I am sorry but I do not get that since the original pipe is that diameter, what purpose does this new pipe has, since the converter is right there by the header.
I am confuse to say the least.
LV, I could be wrong. that's an approximate measurement, since I don't have a caliper to measure exactly.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Do you have the information or tech specs when you order it from GM.
Did you actually see them install the whole setup?.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LatinVenom said:
Do you have the information or tech specs when you order it from GM.
Did you actually see them install the whole setup?.
Here's the listing from GM Parts Direct:
17802058 Cat-Back Exhaust System Muffler w/ intermediate pipe, catalytic pipe and 2 clamps (Requires choice of 17802059 or 17802060)

here is a pic I shot while the prep guy was in process of installing system. It's the stock system after removal, the catback is in the upper left corner of the pic.
Exhausts

·
Registered
729 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts