Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any advice on how to discourage cats from sharpening their claws on a convertible top?

·
Registered
285 Posts
A DOG ;)

Ok, sorry to be a smartass. Wish I could say something other then the dreaded car cover. My parents tried everything to keep the neighbors cat off their car (hard top) and it loved to walk accross it, they ended up with a car cover.

I have an indoor cat and TRUST ME none of the tricks work (squirt with water, shake can of pennies...) she just looks at me like I'm stupid and does what she wants..

·
Registered
381 Posts
SouthernSol said:
Does anyone have any advice on how to discourage cats from sharpening their claws on a convertible top?
Park in the garage? :willy:

Seriously, I hadn't thought about this. Check at one of the large pet superstores for something you can spray on to keep animals away. You might find something odorless that won't affect the top.

·
Registered
177 Posts
MisterE said:
A DOG ;)

Ok, sorry to be a smartass. Wish I could say something other then the dreaded car cover. My parents tried everything to keep the neighbors cat off their car (hard top) and it loved to walk accross it, they ended up with a car cover.

I have an indoor cat and TRUST ME none of the tricks work (squirt with water, shake can of pennies...) she just looks at me like I'm stupid and does what she wants..
I had a wonderfull and smart B&W kitty for almost 19 years. Had to put her to sleep Sunday.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Car protection

Put the car in the garage and close the doors with the cat out side or declaw the cat. or build a garage. Cars belong in a garage when not in use or in the front room if it is a Solstice.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I know how Ford takes care of it...

Video Link

Right Click on video, select ZOOM, then FULLSCREEN.

Thanks Putfile.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The Peta friendly solution

;)
SouthernSol said:
Hire a lawyer and serve it a restaining order. No closer than 150 feet.

If that doesn't work, stage a protest.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
"Declaw" the miracle solution...
I had my cat Alex's front paws declawed. He still scratches at the furniture without destruction, fights with the toms outside (uses his hind claws) and hunts down mice. Contrary to what people will say, the procedure didn't adversely affect his cathood. :lol:

Not like that evil video!!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Its fake guys, I saw it a long time ago, and its from ford do you think they could get away with really killing a cat? Cmon only I can do that.

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
only kidding boys and girls I dont REALLY kill cats.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i to saw that commertial a while back, and that is sick being a cat owner.... but cats shouldn't go where there not suppose to.

i potentially have the same problem. declawing is a good idea, but my cat is indoor. the problem that i have is with the neighbors cat.... as effective as a pellet gun, or anti-freeze, that could create conflict possibly with the law. (less time in my sol.) :(

·
4,592 Posts
GNS said:
I had a wonderfull and smart B&W kitty for almost 19 years. Had to put her to sleep Sunday.
Sorry to hear. My wife is always heartbroken when this happens, and I feel bad as well. We feel for you!!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I own a 65 Malibu convertible that I have had for many years, and I can tell you that if you don't have a garage that the only real solution is some kind of cover, because cat's seem to love my convertible top more than a steel topped car. Guess it's a little more comfy!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Editguy said:
I own a 65 Malibu convertible that I have had for many years, and I can tell you that if you don't have a garage that the only real solution is some kind of cover, because cat's seem to love my convertible top more than a steel topped car. Guess it's a little more comfy!
Wouldn't you love sleeping in a sun-warmed canvas hammock more than on a hard steel bed? :glol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts