Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 GXP (86,000 MILES) has started throwing engine codes at me (P-0299 and now P-0420). Oddly enough it went into limp mode without throwing a code the day before the P-0299 popped up and then started up this AM with a P-0420. The Pontiac shop recently changed out the High Pressure fuel pump and I was thinking that they may have not properly attached some of the turbo hoses, but now with the P-0420 code I'm wondering if it may be the CAT. I've been running a High Flow Solo CAT since the first 5k miles, so do y'all think that it could possibly need replacement after 80k miles? Of course I have my OEM CAT, but I really liked the sound and low end torque the SOLO gave me.

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
My 2007 GXP (86,000 MILES) has started throwing engine codes at me (P-0299 and now P-0420). Oddly enough it went into limp mode without throwing a code the day before the P-0299 popped up and then started up this AM with a P-0420. The Pontiac shop recently changed out the High Pressure fuel pump and I was thinking that they may have not properly attached some of the turbo hoses, but now with the P-0420 code I'm wondering if it may be the CAT. I've been running a High Flow Solo CAT since the first 5k miles, so do y'all think that it could possibly need replacement after 80k miles? Of course I have my OEM CAT, but I really liked the sound and low end torque the SOLO gave me.
It sounds highly likely to me. Give Solo a call and see what their experience has been with normal lifespan of their cats.:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Get a sniffer test to find out for sure. They last a fairly long time, normally, but it is hard to predict, so you'd need to check it out. If it is really clogged up you'd know it!

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
If you don't have an oil catch can, the cat will last 1/2 of the time that it was designed to last.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a sniffer test to find out for sure. They last a fairly long time, normally, but it is hard to predict, so you'd need to check it out. If it is really clogged up you'd know it!
What's a "sniffer test"?

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts