Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has installed a DDM Works oil catch can on a Hann turbo system ? I got mine the other day and the installation information is pretty general and not specific to my system .I know I can call Dave just thought I would go this route first as I 'm having some braided steel lines made up and want to familiarize myself with the procedure and get any fittings I may need . Thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has installed a DDM Works oil catch can on a Hann turbo system ? I got mine the other day and the installation information is pretty general and not specific to my system .I know I can call Dave just thought I would go this route first as I 'm having some braided steel lines made up and want to familiarize myself with the procedure and get any fittings I may need . Thanks!
Why would a Hahn turbo have any bearing on it? The OCC is not connected to it, sits above it, and routes around it :confused:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I don't think it matters what turbo you have on it I but when I was up at DDM a few weeks back I had black A&N fittings installed with the black stainless line as well.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it matters what turbo you have on it I but when I was up at DDM a few weeks back I had black A&N fittings installed with the black stainless line as well.

Did Dave make these up for you because that's what I'm looking for and instead of piecing them together myself I would rather have a set made up and when I placed my order I got the impression that there was a difference between stock and aftermarket turbo systems .

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Did Dave make these up for you because that's what I'm looking for and instead of piecing them together myself I would rather have a set made up and when I placed my order I got the impression that there was a difference between stock and aftermarket turbo systems .
Yes he made them up for me. I would just call him up and see if he will make you a set as well. I think it's much cleaner looking

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
We added those lines to the website and they can be ordered with the Oil catch can now.

As for the install of the OCC with the HAHN turbo on a 2.4L, the install is pretty straight forward, although some modification is needed to the HAHN intake to properly install the catch can. The HAHN turbo setup vents the valve cover directly to atmosphere and removes the line the would normally allow the vapors from the valve cover to go into the intake. Since there is no provision on the HAHN intake tube, you will need to make one by drilling and tapping the intake tube and installing a hose barb fitting. This would allow the system to work like the stock setup again, the other option would be to run the line from the valve cover on the 2.4L to the oil catch can, then put the vent on the catch can. That way the oil vapor from the valve cover will be trapped by the catch can.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Dave Always has the good answers on the Hahn system

Dave at DDM always has the good answers on what to do with the Hahn system. I had actually had posted a question about how to hook up a catch can for the Hahn system in a separate post, but found my answer here.

Ever since NASSM 2014 I have been in the DDM fan club, they did my vertical doors and retuned my Hahn system to work well with the automatic transmission. Kudos to Dave!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts