Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP ZOK
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.
I am selling two sets of CCW forged racing wheels in good condition. I modified my race car to accept corvette hubs and wheel and no longer need these. Each set is being sold for $1500.00 plus shipping (TBD) with one year old BFG G Force R1's mounted on them size 275/35 R18, with a couple of track weekends left on them. I wouldn't race on them. You can pay with PayPal, Cash, Bank Wire.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

·
Registered
08 Sky Redline, 5M
231 Posts
So to clarify, the ones you are selling are standard Kappa 5x110?

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,811 Posts
By “set” do you mean 4?
So the included picture is just one “set”?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So to clarify, the ones you are selling are standard Kappa 5x110?
Yes, These had a 1inch spacer in the front and back to allow for squared up configuration to run 275/35R18. They are CCW rims which will allow you to run big brakes. i had Brembo 4 pistons on the front and stock on the back. You don't need anything bigger on the back or you run the risk of over braking the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's the offset?
After looking closer these are 9.5 inch wide and a 9 inch backspace. These are the wheels that came on the car. This was a GM built one of 8 cars made in 2007 ZOK GXP. Pulled from the line and given to Phoenix Performance in Pennsylvania (Joe Aquilante Racing) under direction of GM Performance. This was Andy Wolverton's SSCA T2 car from 2007 to 2010.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, These had a 1inch spacer in the front and back to allow for squared up configuration to run 275/35R18. They are CCW rims which will allow you to run big brakes. i had Brembo 4 pistons on the front and stock on the back. You don't need anything bigger on the back or you run the risk of over braking the car.
After looking closer these are 9.5 inch wide and a 9 inch backspace. These are the wheels that came on the car. This was a GM built one of 8 cars made in 2007 ZOK GXP. Pulled from the line and given to Phoenix Performance in Pennsylvania (Joe Aquilante Racing) under direction of GM Performance. This was Andy Wolverton's SSCA T2 car from 2007 to 2010.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a picture of what I measured. This is the best I can do. Tape measure across the top.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Tread

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe my math is a bit off but that's a pretty insane offset, maybe +90? Stock offset is +55
I have never had a clear understanding how they calculate that. From the lip or the bead either way they worked well. Here is a picture of the car when I first picked it up. Front and back.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
9,697 Posts
Maybe my math is a bit off but that's a pretty insane offset, maybe +90? Stock offset is +55
I have never had a clear understanding how they calculate that. From the lip or the bead either way they worked well. Here is a picture of the car when I first picked it up. Front and back.
You are mixing measurements.

Backspace is the distance from the inside of the bead at the back of the wheel to the mounting face.
Offset is the distance from the centerline of the tire to the mounting face.

Reactions: BLACK BETTY
1 - 13 of 13 Posts