Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

CD-Changer Connection

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Drex 
#1 ·
We know the following levels of CD-Players:

Basic
Enhanced (single disk)
Enhanced + 6disc changer

Is there any way to find out if the Basic/Enhanced have a port/connection to add an external CD changer? If so, then we can do the integrated iPod system, which will allow us to control our iPods using the steeringwheel control, etc...

#2 ·
All 3 have aux jacks. Sorry.. only one 12 volt power jack though.... You'll need a splitter if you want to power the Ipod and a cell at the same time.

#4 ·
dori-san said:
Wow! You completely missed his point, congratulations!

Fort, only time will tell buddy! I hope so though.
Hey.. it's Monday.. and it's early... nothing in the manual about an external changer though...

#5 ·
It's okay, I was only kidding. But you missed the point again...

What he's getting at is that he wants to use the steering wheel controls to change tracks/play/pause on his iPod. This cannot normally be done, however he's hoping that the standard CD player will have a port for a CD changer because if the deck has this port then he can get an accessory that makes the steering wheel controls work for the iPod as well.

#7 ·
Looks like the HHR has the same radio. Just need some one to casually go down to their local Chevy dealer and ripe apart a dash. Looks like they are pushing the internal 6-disc with the HHR too. Don't know if that's a sign if they're not going to bother with a CD changer connection.

#8 ·
Links to iPod OEM CD Interface Adapters

I posted this a while back on a different thread, but it's singularly appropriate for this thread:

Original post follows:
Crimson Avenger said:
Here's a couple of links to articles mentioning CD port iPod interfaces:

link to PC Mag.com article... (2005-01-10) New iPod Car Stereo Options from Alpine, Clarion, Monster, Pioneer and More

link to Cruthfield CES show article... (2005-02-01) Plug In and Drive!: An insider's look at the future of mobile A/V

If we've got a CD changer port on the back of the OEM unit, being able to skip a song you don't really want to hear right now, or skip back and repeat a song you want to hear again with your thumb on the steering wheel will be very nice indeed. :cool:

#12 ·
package said:
Since the radio itself has a built in changer, I would think an extra changer port would be overkill.
The basic radio and the MP3 radio both have single-disks.

It wouldn't be overkill on those, now, would it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.