Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

got fo rthe second time in a month Cel 2178 (running lean at idle).

Did a search got nothing really to work with. Only a TSB 070604029.

Thing is can't find the document anywhere.

Does anyone have the same issue and found out the issue at hand.

FYI see below for list of mods. NO tune at this point though. And no GMPP either. I know this will be another fight since my waste gate cap broke and they said the turbo wasn't apart of the powertrain. Why me????

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Usually you will see the P0101 code first, or as a repeated set, if the IC has failed. But I do know that you can see the P2178 in ADDITION to the P0101 if the IC has failed. Because the charge system will pull un-metered air in through a hole in the IC when idling and that in turn makes the car run lean at idle. Probably would be a good idea to inspect the IC carefully and/or have service do the Durmax pressure test, just to be sure. (we have a few cases now of the IC cracking on the passenger side end tank seam right behind a mounting bracket that makes it incredibly difficult to see the damage, but it will show up fast with a pressure test)

If you are seeing the P2178 only, then could be a lot of other things causing the problem. (primarily fueling issues; fuel rail, injectors, fuel pump, etc.)When I first got my car, I had the P2178 keep coming up and that turned out to be a loose wiring harness at the high pressure fuel pump solenoid. Simple fix, once the problem was found.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I got the same info.

I will have to double check the pipes and see if there are any issue there.

The code doens't give you anything to work with there which is the main issue.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Possibly a leak somewhere in the exhaust, do some logging with your new hptuners toy to see whats going on.
I would but my laptop sucks big time. LOL so as much as I got my new toy I can't use it yet LOL :p

Trying to find a 2 mile USB not much luck yet.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I take it you got the standard version? If you got the pro version it can log around 30 minutes of data without a laptop.
Yeah in hind site I should have gotten the Pro for the difference but alas I was on a budget and such. Gotta make due with what I got now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.