Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 GXP 2.0 L turbo, automatic, 108000 miles. Recently replaced both cam actuator solenoids (which cleared the recurring codes for that issue), now experiencing hard starts, rough idle, a strange chirpy kind of rattling noise on acceleration and check engine light just came back on with a p0088 code (fuel rail pressure too high). I don't know what to look for or test to figure out the reason for this code.
I need some help! Thank you all!

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
The fuel pressure regulator is controlled by the ECM using a PWM output voltage. If the connector or wiring are damaged, mis-connected, or disconnected the regulator will not get the correct signal. I would would check all of the wiring first. There could also be a problem with the fuel pressure sensor, but that generally results in a different code.

The next step in the service manual is to remove the high pressure fuel pump and inspect the camshaft lobes that drive it. If the lobes are worn, replace the camshaft. Otherwise replace the pump.

After checking wiring, the logical thing in my mind is to replace the HPFP.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The HPFP failed several months back and has been replaced. Prior to the installation of the new pump, I observed the HPFP cam lobe was undamaged (while a friend turned the motor over by hand).
I'll check the harness and connector for the regulator. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fuel pressure regulator is controlled by the ECM using a PWM output voltage. If the connector or wiring are damaged, mis-connected, or disconnected the regulator will not get the correct signal. I would would check all of the wiring first. There could also be a problem with the fuel pressure sensor, but that generally results in a different code.

The next step in the service manual is to remove the high pressure fuel pump and inspect the camshaft lobes that drive it. If the lobes are worn, replace the camshaft. Otherwise replace the pump.

After checking wiring, the logical thing in my mind is to replace the HPFP.
Where can I find a diagram showing me where the fuel pressure regulator is located?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts