Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a pain to do but, totally worth it!
I installed a strobe module: 4x fast, 4x, slow then solid. It looks great.

Note: you must go through the licence plate light opening. Some are able to get a hand up there to unplug the connection on the back side of the light. I had no luck even getting half my hand up there. So, I ended up pulling the wire down, cutting through them and then splicing pig tails into the wire ends THEN wired in the module.

BEWARE, there is about 1/2 inch of wire protruding from the licence plate light hole so, even making the splice is a challenge.
I think there is enough cable that i might be able to grab the module from inside the trunk and mount said module in the trunk where it's dry.

What I ordered was a 2-pack. I'll send the other to a friend to mount in his Miata!

Cheers,
Allan
'07 GXP

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
It was a pain to do but, totally worth it!
I installed a strobe module: 4x fast, 4x, slow then solid. It looks great.

Note: you must go through the licence plate light opening. Some are able to get a hand up there to unplug the connection on the back side of the light. I had no luck even getting half my hand up there. So, I ended up pulling the wire down, cutting through them and then splicing pig tails into the wire ends THEN wired in the module.

BEWARE, there is about 1/2 inch of wire protruding from the licence plate light hole so, even making the splice is a challenge.
I think there is enough cable that i might be able to grab the module from inside the trunk and mount said module in the trunk where it's dry.

What I ordered was a 2-pack. I'll send the other to a friend to mount in his Miata!

Cheers,
Allan
'07 GXP

did mine the same way! only I used a bent coat hangar to fish everything up into trunk. No easy task.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
If I recall correctly, I was able to reach the harness from the side by popping the driver-side rear light cluster and reaching in through the hole underneath.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check that out! If i can reach it that way, I'll clean up my work.
Cheers,
Allan

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
got a video for showing off the results ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts