Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Center Cap Options

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  topdowneh 
#1 ·
My new wheels finally arrived today and I went to get them mounted earlier. I am very happy with the look, however I now have an issue with the center caps. The front wheels are no problem, but the rear wheels will not accept the caps because the threaded part of the drive axle protrudes past the opening for the cap. Has anyone else had this issue and if so can someone recommend an option for a set of caps?

On a side note, I will post full pictures of the setup once I get the cap situation squared away.

Thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
How 'bout a saw?

#3 ·
Then rust remover.
Then a cap over with grease.
This rust will run on to the rims.
LLLFLY

#4 ·
Honestly I thought, why not just hack off some threads, but I wasn't sure if that would cause issues later if the axle needed to be removed.

#7 ·
I was able to use my dremel and grind down enough from the back of the cap to fit. I was hoping to use the stock caps but they are too small for the hub on the wheel. I'm planning to order Pontiac decals to cover the caps because they are Vauxhall currently.

#8 ·
One advantage of adapters:

Looking forward to seeing the new wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.