Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently started to hear a noise that is apparently coming from the center console, I already removed such console to see if the noise disappears but it is still there. I have recorded a video to appreciate the squeak:

I can hear it when I pass a bump or when I drive on a non-flat suface.

P.D.: I recorded the video moving the car back and forth over a boardwalk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfAFwJB9lac

Thank you very much for your support!

·
Registered
143 Posts
is the rattle coming from under the car ? speaking of rattles I have one from my seat belt behind the seat these cars are put together wimpy in the interior ,

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
maybe the brace plate under the car ?

( when mine was loose, it was a loud noise, like a 'bang'... )

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Do those have a grease fitting at all ?
Nope. But easy to unbolt (one at a time), pull of the bracket and the (split) rubber bushing and grease with silicone dielectric grease.

Others have just squirted with aerosol grease or WD40, but doesn't last as long.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yup, that's probably what it is. I usually have to do mine every other year. If you do it like Soup said, it's one of the easier preventive maintenance things we have.:thumbs:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi,

Thanks for your answers. I took the car for a chassis lubrication, the mechanic told me that it needed the lubrication and made sure that it was properly greased. I thought that it would solve the problem, but it didn't! The noise is becoming louder as time passes and I really thought that a proper lubrication will solve it, any ideas? I took two new videos, one is while the car is moving slowly, I passed some bumps very slow to appreciate the noise. The other video is a way of hearing the noise while the car is parked. Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul3vX7w7qz4

Thank you very much!

·
Super Moderator
16,146 Posts
Put the car in the air and get down there to take a careful look.

It could be the exhaust system. When I installed the Magnaflo it rattled and squeaked until I got down there and tightened up the clamps.

The only other thing down there that can move around is the backbone on the bottom of the transmission tunnel.

You also can just jerk the cables and hangers around to see if you can find the noise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I recently started to hear a noise that is apparently coming from the center console, I already removed such console to see if the noise disappears but it is still there. I have recorded a video to appreciate the squeak:

I can hear it when I pass a bump or when I drive on a non-flat suface.

P.D.: I recorded the video moving the car back and forth over a boardwalk.

Thank you very much for your support!
I'd be curious to know if any solstice owners do NOT hear this creaking when leaning on the console or driving on uneven street surfaces. In my opinion, it is a creaking sound due to console assembly surfaces contact pressure stress friction. I believe this is a subtle engineering defect built into all solstices.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts