Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting this thread in hopes of getting those of us in Central and Southwest Virginia with Kappas discussing possible meetings and drives. I am looking for suggestions on when and where would be a good time for everyone to have an informal meeting to get to know each other in the area. I was thinking something along the lines of a resturant so that we could bounce ideas off each other for this upcoming Spring and Summer. Suggestions and comments are welcome.

If you know of anyone else that may be interested, please direct them to this thread.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
We, meaning Keith and I, are definitely interested. Because of our professions, it would be hard for us to go on any runs until after April 15, however. We would like to meet everyone for dinner sometime, though - possibly on a Sunday afternoon/evening (possibly Sat. evening), since Keith's office is not open on Sunday. Let us know. Thanks for taking the lead on this!
Shirley

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hi Steve,

Hey, an occasional get together would be great.
N2MY SOL (Mike) and Shirley, Keith and I have briefly discussed this before.
Believe it or not, there are about 15 or more Sols in the Roanoke area and I don't have a clue on the number of Skys. However, only about 5 of us owners frequent the forum. I've handed out a few business cards (VMSC with forum info), but some owners apparently aren't interested.
On a personal level, a meet any Sat or Sun afternoon/evening would work - after golf. I play four times a week during nice weather and enter every member tournament at Ashley. The better half works some weekend evenings at Macy's, thus 'we' could be ONE or TWO.
Send a pm to Blue Ridge Sol, I'm sure that Mike would be interested.

fred
PS: do you know the blonde that has the purty red Sky that travels the Hollins area??

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hi Steve,

Hey, an occasional get together would be great.
N2MY SOL (Mike) and Shirley, Keith and I have briefly discussed this before.
Believe it or not, there are about 15 or more Sols in the Roanoke area and I don't have a clue on the number of Skys. However, only about 5 of us owners frequent the forum. I've handed out a few business cards (VMSC with forum info), but some owners apparently aren't interested.
On a personal level, a meet any Sat or Sun afternoon/evening would work - after golf. I play four times a week during nice weather and enter every member tournament at Ashley. The better half works some weekend evenings at Macy's, thus 'we' could be ONE or TWO.
Send a pm to Blue Ridge Sol, I'm sure that Mike would be interested.

fred
PS: do you know the blonde that has the purty red Sky that travels the Hollins area??
I knew we could count on you, Fred!:cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fred,

I am not sure about the pretty blonde with the red Sky in Hollins, but I do know one in Lynchburg. I dont believe her an her better half participate in the forums.

Here is who I sent PMs to so far. I hope I did not miss anyone.

Solstice Forum:

FredinVa (obviously)
Grammie 4 VT (thanks for responding)
GirlWithSol
Blue Ridge Sol
N2MY SOL
va tech hokie

Sky Forum:

BLUERIDGE SKY
dhstjohn

How does everyone feel about combining the Solstice and Sky locally for the meets? (Keep in mind I will have a Sky):willy:

It is looking like a Sunday afternoon may work. How soon would everyone like to try to schedule a meeting?

Would anyone be interested in doing caravans to National or East Coast Events?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Wine Tasting Run

all..Im considering putting together a wine tasting run in the Charlottesville area......on 22 April....meeting perhaps at Madison VA at the Bravarian Chef...and then returning there perhaps for a late lunch early dinner......in the real tenative stages at this point...but will but together some thoughts and ideas.....and go from there...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Count me in... Sunday is the best day for me, also. And thanks Steve for the PM. Should be getting RL in about a month or so.....:willy:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
all..Im considering putting together a wine tasting run in the Charlottesville area......on 22 April....meeting perhaps at Madison VA at the Bravarian Chef...and then returning there perhaps for a late lunch early dinner......in the real tenative stages at this point...but will but together some thoughts and ideas.....and go from there...
I am in. Great idea. I am already sick of winter and have the need to drive with the top down and the wind in my hair. Oh, wait, I have no hair. Oh well, I still think this would be a great idea

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Yum, wine!:) .... and the run is after April 15!!! Yipee!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Southwest and Central Va get togethers

I think it would be great to have more emphasis put on getting owners in the southwest and central Virginia areas together for local meets and car runs. There is somehwat of a gap in coverage between the VA/MD club whose member or mostly to the north, and the Carolina club whose members are primarily North and South Carolina. Hmm.. sounds like we need a Southwest Virginia Solstice/Sky Club.

We have a wonderful area for drives, and I know there are plenty of owners in our part of the state. Count me in for any discussion about get togethers or planning an event.

As a new supporting dealer on the forum, I am hoping to get my dealership to sponsor a spring event similar to the one held at the dealer in South Carolina this past fall. I know interest is a little slow right now with the winter weather (as evident by the varied subject matter on forum posts), but spring will be here soon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm in....

Hey guys and gals,
Count me in too! Just promise not to laugh when I stall right in front of everyone!! :glol: (My driving is getting better and better every time I drive!)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hey guys and gals,
Count me in too! Just promise not to laugh when I stall right in front of everyone!! :glol: (My driving is getting better and better every time I drive!)
NO, NO, NO, we won't laugh!! What are Sol friends for....?;) Looking forward to meeting more local Sol owners!:cool: :yesnod: :grouphug:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the feedback. :dthumbs: I am thinking of a an early dinner on Sunday Feb. 4th for the first meet and greet. I am looking to everyone for ideas on location and time. I would like to have the first meeting in the Roanoke area because that seems to be close to where most of you are located. Later I would see this expanding to Bedford, Lynchburg, Smith Mountain Lake, New River Valley or where ever we have people that are participating. (Got to start somewhere) Possible locations I was thinking of are, Mac and Bobs, Shakers, Outback, Corned Beef and Co., and Jersey Lillys. I am looking for any other suggestions as well.

Steve

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Sounds good, Steve! Looking forward to meeting you and other Sol owners in the Roanoke area! :yesnod: BTW - anywhere y'all decide will be OK with us!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I'll begin putting something together for 22 April Wine Run on a separate thread.....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks PAO, keep us posted.

It has been brought to my attention that Nov. 4th is Superbowl Sunday. (Thanks BTW) I obviously wasn't looking at my football calendar when I suggested that day. I really dont want anyone to miss out on the get together, so should we:

A. Schedule a late lunch before the game and keep it on he 4th.

B. Reschedule to the following Sunday for early dinner.

C. Keep it as it stands now, just make sure they have a big screen.

Thanks for the help.

Steve

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

It has been brought to my attention that Feb. 4th is Superbowl Sunday. (Thanks BTW) I obviously wasn't looking at my football calendar when I suggested that day. I really dont want anyone to miss out on the get together, so should we:

Thanks for the help.

Steve
I vote for options A or C - either option would work for us.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

It has been brought to my attention that Nov. 4th is Superbowl Sunday. (Thanks BTW) I obviously wasn't looking at my football calendar when I suggested that day. I really dont want anyone to miss out on the get together, so should we:

Thanks for the help.

Steve
Anyone else have a preference???

1 - 20 of 223 Posts