Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pick up #1467 this afternoon.
Ordered a DEEP on 4/15/05, logged too many hours on the Forum, locked into my tracking codes, numerous calls & visits to the dealer, then..............go into another dealer last night (thanks to RAMAIR) and bought a SLY just like anyone else off the street could have.........go figure???

Anyway my DEEP is due in shortly and I can hook anyone up with the Saleman if they're interested.............for now off to enjoy what is hopefully "THE LAST" 2005 top down weekend in NYS.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
$$ISKING said:
Ordered a DEEP on 4/15/05, logged too many hours on the Forum, locked into my tracking codes, numerous calls & visits to the dealer, then..............go into another dealer last night (thanks to RAMAIR) and bought a SLY just like anyone else off the street could have.........go figure???

Anyway my DEEP is due in shortly and I can hook anyone up with the Saleman if they're interested.............for now off to enjoy what is hopefully "THE LAST" 2005 top down weekend in NYS.
Lucky dog. Wish you were closer, I'd take that deep.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Well at least YOU got the Solstice not somebody driving by the dealership and saying hey what's that. Think I'll check it out.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride, enjoy it, although the NY winter is going to spoilet. :party:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am trying to put myself in your shoes. I can see myself in March 06 waiting for the car I ordered 7 months ago and seeing cars show up at dealers with people walking in off the street and driving away, while I still wait.

I am so glad that YOU, a forum member who has been waiting for 7 months, snagged this car and not someone walking in off the street. :cheers: :party:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
It is kind of strange that people come to the forum say they have a car with such and such Vin # but do not give any type of information about the car. What State, color, options etc.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
$$ISKING said:

Your post says VIN 1467, but your signature says VIN 1437. Which one, please? I know the one you WERE waiting on is VIN 4235.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
How long IS the wait... really

This kind of fits with the other thread.... If you don't mind changing options and being ready to go at a moment's notice, it sounds like some can be had. The entire situation is almost becoming comical. Folks who have ordered in April are still waiting for their cars. Others have ordered much later and received their orders and yet there are cars floating around out there without buyers that just seem to flop down on the lot and become available - first come first serve. There aren't that many options, so you would think with the demand so high, GM would say - "Oh, your sly order backed out? That car is exactly like Joe Blow's order so we'll offer it to him since he's been waiting 4 months."

BTW, I think it is great that you were able to drop into a car with a few day of good driving left... I would seriously consider doing the same especially if my order were a little further away. I'm just stating that I think filling orders first would be a wise move for GM. ;) (re-read my statement above and it sounded like I was taking pot shots at you and it was not intended that way at all. ;) )

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gizmo2004 said:
Nobody's asked yet, so I will:

Did you pay MSRP for #1467? Were you going to pay MSRP for #4235?

But most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS! Time to :party:

I paid MSRP, but this had chrome wheels, leather & power package, which I hadn't ordered. Now glad that I have them on this car. Buying something unseen is difficult, so after seeing the SLY with the two tone leateher package, it was a clearer decision.
Lucked out & got several hundred miles top-down in Upstate NY this weekend.

·
Registered
92 Posts
$$ISKING said:

Pretty much same happened with me. Ordered Sly/Ebony Cloth Power and Convenience Pkg in April. was told mine (Vin # 483) was scheduled for delivery on Aug 26th and that they had a red on scheduled for another buyer on Aug 30th.On Sep 8th dealer called and said they had gotten the Aggressive in (#670) (Sly was scheduled to be delivered 4 days before the Aggressive) if I wanted to come look at it. Took my wife and looked at it while it was being serviced. My wife fell in Love (1st one she had seen).
I told the Sales Manager that if the buyer for the Aggressive backed out I would like the opportunity to purchase it. He called me about 2 hours later and said that the other guy was dragging his feet :nopity: and if I wanted the Aggressive I could have it. :cheers: Luckily I had already had my financing pre-approved by my credit union so within an hour I was driving # 670 home and had it in my garage waxing it til 11:00 that evening. Still don't know what happened to vin # 483. They have gotten a Cool non EOP in since then and it was bought before they could get it unloded on the lot, didn't know it was coming until it was about 20 miles away. :party:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts