Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one ever change the power steering pump , i have the belt off and two hoses , i see one nut on top , holding it on , it will only come out part way it hits the pully, so thats as far as i have got, my pump is what was makeing the houling sound on my car .

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Try some Lucas power steering fluid instead.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Is it low? Low fluid could cause that too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no not low, but ill give it a try,all i have to do is put the lines on and the belt back on

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
If it doesn't help, you have to remove the pulley from the pump first and then putting the pulley back on has to be within .025" of correct position.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tryed some Lucas power steering fluid ,the sealer type , on the bottle i read to use that one , drove the car about 15 miles or so , i didnt here anything , may have fixed it , ill know for sure whe the wife and i take a long ride, ill see if it start doing it , Thanks For all the Help !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Here's hopin'...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well i took it out and its still houling , i am not 100% sure its the power steering pump , dont know what alse it could be , would the water pump make that sound , it comes and goes , even if its standing still its there so i know its not a wheel bearing , any one have anything you can think to check , i am not Sure ?hate to buy a pump and change it , and thats not it .it has a after market air cleaner looks like a K&N , but its not , but if thats whats makeing the sound i would think it would do it all the time , ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a guy that works on my cars , took him for a 25 mile ride the other night , it wouldent do it , i am 60 and i have had a lot a cars , but havent ever had one that sounds like whats going on with this car .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same promblem with my solstice...I have changed all the belts and pullys..squeek is still there.... going in shop monday to change power steering pump hope thats it? If not... its the alternator? its the only thing left that moves while your sitting still..The squeek drives me nuts, and i dont care how much it cost..I will not stop till i find it..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Were and the hell do you get a set of new headlights for this car in ontario canada? I even called GM and they say they are on back order? dont know when they are going to get any

1 - 14 of 14 Posts