Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an opinion on charge pipes,seen the nice blue ones for the 2.4 have not found them for the 2.0L .Is there one brand preferred over the other?

·
Registered
263 Posts
^ Second that!

Do you mean coolant hoses? or battery cables? vacuum lines?

·
Super Moderator
16,399 Posts
In answer to your question,
Dejon sells charge pipes in various colors.
DDM Works sells charge pipes as well and will powder coat them any color you want.

If you get the charge pipes, consider getting the intake elbow and T clamps. The factory intake elbow is rubber and has been known to baloon and leak. The factory clamps are not worth putting back on the car.:thumbs:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok ,one day I was surfing on Ebay and saw charge pipes in blue,did not make sense to me but the ad said for 2.4L only will not work for a 2.0L. What do I know ,that is why I come here for answers. LOL IMHO I just thought if I change the charge pipes,it will have better air flow to the turbo,and if I can add some color to it why the hell not.I also want to change the clamps to T clamps and thanks for the info on the elbow ,I would not have know that.As far as the stock clamps ,I would never reuse them,heard all types of problems with them.I have a 05 Chev 4X4 pickup,the bottom factory radiator hose clamp broke off while I was driving .I noticed fluid in my driveway,look under the truck to see where it was originating from and seen the clamp about 1/3 of it was lying in the bottom of the radiator pan area.I busted my ass removing that clamp.Not fun ,took me a few hours lying on my back in the rain.

·
Registered
612 Posts
If you're talking about the pipes to/from the intercooler, I don't believe there is any appreciable increase in HP/TQ, but I did notice smoother acceleration over the OE smashed pipes, plus they just look a lot cooler! :cool:

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
consider getting the intake elbow
Hey Rob when you say intake elbow are you talking about the throttle bottle elbow? I purchased charge tubes for the 2.0 this year but never thought about replacing OEM rubber with DDM silicone upper radiator hose, intake elbow and LNF intake tube.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
If you're talking about the pipes to/from the intercooler, I don't believe there is any appreciable increase in HP/TQ, but I did notice smoother acceleration over the OE smashed pipes, plus they just look a lot cooler! :cool:
2nd that. No more power, but the after market ones are much better carried out. I went polished alloy, but given that it is really a visual improvement only with a stock turbo, any colour that you fancy is supportable. I believe DDM make quiet a range and can do custom if you like.

If you are like some here, choose carefully, as they continue to complete the whole under hood ensemble with similar coloured replacement intake and accessory caps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts