Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned this elsewhere, but we just took in another car from a forum member and so far it has been fantastic! The V8 has a perfect idle and manners, runs cool and pulls strong. (There is a detailed build thread on this car on this forum, so kudos to Bulszewicz for putting together such a great car!) It appears that the car has been running perfectly with no issues since 2013 -- I was assured it was treated gently and there are only 3400 miles on it since the swap.

The exterior and interior are nearly flawless as well. Here is what we have on the menu for this one:

- Car will be checked over at Cordes Performance Racing - they will look at everything and take care of any needed maintenance or issues. They will dyno the car and check the tune.

- BC Coilovers will be added with a mild drop an alignment to follow.

- Gunmetal gray TSW wheels will be powdercoated flat black with black center caps and lugs added.

- New tires all around with 265's in rear.

- Door handles will be painted flat black or red.

- Katzkin Leather added.

- Kenwood touchscreen and reverse camera added.

- As with all of our builds, we finish up with LED headlights, new key fobs, short antenna, Lloyd's mats and full detail.

Follow the build on our FB page -- www.facebook.com/wheelsforwheels

·
Registered
08 Sky Redline, 5M
80 Posts
Is this for a raffle/charity tickets to win? if so, where's the website?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is correct -- we looked into raffles before the first car and they do not work for us.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a leather C6 Corvette steering wheel on Ebay, so will see how that works in place of the oem plastic one.

·
Registered
629 Posts
It Should work very well, I have a Z06 wheel with orange stitching on my coupe, I had the radio controls working (Mostly) this summer, but in October they quit. Other than that it works and fits perfectly.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure, it was custom-made, but for a C6 Z06. It's been a few years.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TSW wheels being powdercoated gloss black and new tires being mounted. Expect to have it back by the end of the week. Also, Corvette steering wheel came in - it has steering wheel control buttons, which the Solstice did not have, but we'll probably incorporate them into the new stereo system since it is a nice item to have. Photos to follow.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW, I've been driving this car and it is simply awesome! New Corvette steering wheel being wrapped with new leather and we just ordered free Katzkin leather seats -- black with red stitching and perforated centers. Car goes to Martin at RPM next week for their refresh package, BC Coilovers and a good eyeaballing on the lift. We also might swap out the rear end for 3.73 gears to give us more room in first gear. This is a fantastic car and will only get better from here!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Looks Good, if you want to PM me the info on this car, and the other V8 conversions you have sold please do. I have started a Mallet Kappa registry and I plan on added other V8 conversions to it. Both owner and Tuner conversions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks Good, if you want to PM me the info on this car, and the other V8 conversions you have sold please do. I have started a Mallet Kappa registry and I plan on added other V8 conversions to it. Both owner and Tuner conversions.
Where are you posting the Mallett Registry? I am purchasing a 2008 Mallett Sky #004 this week. Are you documenting the ordered options as well?

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have what I have so far posted here

it is in the Major Mods section of the forum. I just added the soon to be your car yesterday. Looks to be one of the few automatic's I have seen. Nice looking car. Good luck with the purchase.

I have been attempting to document all of the ordered options as well. I have the Mallet invoices for 6 of the cars listed, the others I have been going by what I can see on posted pictures or what the owners have given me. I would love to get a copy of the purchase invoice if you get it with the car. By the way that car has to be one of the last cars completed before the Bankruptcy in 2008. It is the last car I have been able to document so far.

Reactions: BrianJames

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quick update on the LS1 car - just had an inspection and refresh package at RPM Motorsports. All looks great - all filters and fluids are new and fresh. Black-trimmed Pontiac arrow badges added as well as the updated C6 Corvette steering wheel with new leather and red stitching. Best of all, the mild steel homemade exhaust was removed and replaced with a fully stainless, mandrel bent exhaust with high flow cats. Looks and sounds fantastic! I will add photos soon, but took it straight to Seatz, Etc for their donated custom Katzkin leather seat upgrade -- black with red stitching and perforated centers. Expect to get the car back early this coming week and will add photos of that process. Can't thank Katzkin and Shawn at Seatz enough! This is their second donation to our program. If anyone in AZ needs an update to their seats, this is the place -- fully custom, choose your colors, patterns, stitching, etc. We will be back at RPM for the install of the donated BC Racing fully adjustable suspension, and then to inMobile Integrated Solutions for a touchscreen AV system, reverse cam, amp, speakers, sub upgrade, etc. This car is absolutely fantastic!

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
V8 Solstice Charity Car continues to get better and better. Can't thank Katzkin and Seatz Etc in Phoenix enough for their generous donation of this custom leather seat package. Seatz removed the 15 year old cloth and replaced with high grade leather with red stitching and perforated centers. They look and feel fantastic and are a perfect match to the just-added Corvette steering wheel (custom wrapped as well). Next stop is inMobile/Soundwerks for a full audio upgrade and reverse camera. As always, every penny from the sale of this car will go to the Phoenix Children's Hospital.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
* Hard to tell in the photos, but those centers are perforated and really add to the appearance.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Been a while, but V8 car going in tomorrow for BC Coilovers and then just has stereo/AV work and touch-up detail left to do. Looking forward to driving it out to Martin at RPM today!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts