Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently my engine check light came on after back-firing and losing power. I checked all the hose clamps and they were all tight. I had the code read and it said it was the MAF sensor(0101), so I went and purchaed one. I disconected the negative on the battery and changed out the sensor. After doing so, it ran fine for about 20 miles and then started to back-fire and losing power again. When I tried to excellerate, sometimes the power would just cut out to the point where I thought it would stall out. When I started the engine this morning it didn't go into high idle either? Then on the way home, the engine light came on again. I had the code read once more and again it said it was the MAF sensor or 0101. What the heck is going on? Can I fix this or should the dealer work on it?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Your ECT may be sending incorrect temp info which can cause false 101 code.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Do you have GMPP tune (with crimped connections)? If so, solder 'em.

Also, just because the clamps 'seem' tight, doesn't mean they aren't giving way. Loosen the ones on the rear rubber tube, driver side, and check that the slots are not distorted where the worm gear usually sits when tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts