Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Solstice that I bought in 2012. I have one reoccurring issue. Every two months the check engine indicator light comes on. I take it to my mechanic, he hooks up his computer, the light goes off, I pay $ 35. I have replaced the 02 sensor so that is not the issue. Can anyone give me the procedure to possibly turn this light off? This started about three years ago. Please HELP !!!!

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
You need to share with us the code that is causing the check engine light to come on.

Reactions: JohnWR

·
Super Moderator
7,156 Posts
As Sir William said, you need to know the fault code to know what to fix. The major parts stores will usually read the codes for free, hoping that you will buy whatever you need to fix it from them. If you go to one, get the code, tell us what it is, and we should be able to tell you how to fix it.

The code will be a letter and four numbers, and there may be more than one.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac Solstice
17 Posts
I can't say it better than the other replies already have, but I can at least point you in the right direction if you have a Harbor Freight nearby. If your mechanic is just clearing your code(s) without actually fixing anything, you can at the very least do it yourself for less with this simple OBD II Code Reader. And even better, you can probably find a coupon to take another 20% off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't say it better than the other replies already have, but I can at least point you in the right direction if you have a Harbor Freight nearby. If your mechanic is just clearing your code(s) without actually fixing anything, you can at the very least do it yourself for less with this simple OBD II Code Reader. And even better, you can probably find a coupon to take another 20% off.
Thank You so Much !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts