Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's a neat trailer, I wonder if you can buy one or if U-Haul has the market cornered?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Ok, that's pretty dang cool.
Would I want one to make up for the lack of space, no.
But that's really nifty.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would guess that the hitch would mound as a firebird or camaro one would. They would find some area under the car where they could design an bracket that would mount to the frame

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Those trailers are nifty. Not as handy as a regular box trailer, but who wants to look like they are hauling an SUV behind their car? :lol:

A hitch would mount underneath. You would just mount the receiver bar to the back end of the frame rails and have it poking out under the AFLRV (Artsy-Fartsy Lower Rear Valence). Then the hitch would go in, and probably rise up a little so it is right behind the bumper and not too low to the ground. It wouldn't be too hard to do.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fortimir said:
and where on the Solstice would you hitch it? You could just tie it to the muffler I guess...........
The way the muffler is designed is kinda like the Elise/MR2. It's actually up higher in the rear so it's not actually under the car, but more up into the car.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
U-Haul won't sell you a trailer. For their consumption only. I tried to buy a car-carrier 12 years ago. No luck. U-Haul built their own trailers from the beginning since there was nothing on the market that met their needs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts