Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You might want to call Jack Cooper Transport to check on your Solstice if it is in transit.

Their number is 816-983-4000, ask for dispatch. Tell them you want to check on a new car in transit. They will ask for your VIN 3rd digit and last 7 digits, then give you some information on where it is.

Ask them where it will be unloaded and ask for the phone number for that location. Then call that number to get a better idea of delivery date.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I called and they don't handle the North East, or at least NY.

I'm spending way too much time obsessing over this.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Are talking about nation wide rail transit? Jack Cooper covers all states?
My Sol left Lordstown the same day as yours..but headed for west coast.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point, rkgsx. I should have mentioned they do not handle the Atlantic states (except Georgia and Florida), not the northeast, not West Virginia, not the mountain states. This link shows their service areas:

http://jackcooper.com/areas.asp

·
Registered
819 Posts
Their web site had an email address. I decided to try that method of contact. Will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried their email AND their 888 number, neither would work.

·
Registered
819 Posts
You're correct! Their email address was to an underliverable address. Oh well. Thought I would try. No harm, no foul!

·
Registered
121 Posts
If at first you don't succeed...

I just tried the 888 number (428-5528). Guy that answered said only dealers could check status. Talked to my sales guy - he said they have to have the "secret code" to get info from Jack Cooper. He's calling them again. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
rkgsx said:
I called and they don't handle the North East, or at least NY.

I'm spending way too much time obsessing over this.
Please for the LAST TIME, the NORTH EAST and New York is being delivered by Allied Automotive !!!!They will not talk to you your dealer has to call!!! !-866-527-4285.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Karyl said:
I just tried the 888 number (428-5528). Guy that answered said only dealers could check status. Talked to my sales guy - he said they have to have the "secret code" to get info from Jack Cooper. He's calling them again. Keep your fingers crossed.
Jack Cooper is probably doing the same thing Allied did. The dealer has to call because they were getting to many calls. But thats what the salesman gets paid for.

Good luck KARYL!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Left Ohio!!!

Confirmed with Jack Cooper that my car has left OHIO. First word was 3 days to Kirby. More moderate info is 3 - 10 days. My luck - I'm traveling for work next week - that's when it will probably come in!

My face is turning blue I've been holding my breath so long!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is Jack Cooper dissing us poor little people?

Quote from bounced email to transport:

>>> RCPT To:<[email protected]>
<<< 550 Rule imposed mailbox access for [email protected] refused

·
2,574 Posts
deluke said:
Please for the LAST TIME, the NORTH EAST and New York is being delivered by Allied Automotive !!!!They will not talk to you your dealer has to call!!! !-866-527-4285.
There's an echo in here! :lol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Karyl and others: I have often said: get the location and phone of the Jack Cooper Transport railyard where your car will be unloaded. You will likely find them much more helpful, since they are dealing with a very FEW people interested in arrival information. National office is receiving calls all day long from scores of people, I don't blame them for clamming up.

CALL OR STOP BY the local office!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts