Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received nice poster of solstice in mail today 5/24 along with some correspondence from pontiac....

·
Registered
905 Posts
Same here got a larger poster of the one my dealer gave me as well as a coupon code for a free Solstice cap! Pontiac made my day :)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Same here! Already placed my order for my free Solstice cap! I guess some of the grumbling about lack responses from GM can be quieted now. It looks like they plan on keeeping their promises to send EOP participants periodic goodies to keep us interested. Yeah!! :party:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just wonder if they will do anything for the waitlisted folks who have already placed a dealer order. Those are the ones they could loose easier, quicker than the First 1000.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Same here got a larger poster of the one my dealer gave me as well as a coupon code for a free Solstice cap! Pontiac made my day :)
Are you a confirmed 1000 buyer?

Well, maybe my suggestion (on another thread) that they kick buyers a cap got heard? :lol: :willy:

If so, HOW ABOUT US CONFIRMED ALLOCATION BUYERS TOO PONTIAC? :yesnod: :yesnod:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sol Cruisin said:
Are you a confirmed 1000 buyer?

Well, maybe my suggestion (on another thread) that they kick buyers a cap got heard? :lol: :willy:

If so, HOW ABOUT US CONFIRMED ALLOCATION BUYERS TOO PONTIAC? :yesnod: :yesnod:
I was put on the waitlist and now I'm just a regular allocation guy. :(

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Adrenaline said:
This is the same poster I received a day or two ago. I believe the previous mailing was because I asked for info from the Pontiac website. Today's mailing specifically addressed my visit to my local dealer. But as noted, today's mailing came with a "Token of our appreciation" - The free cap. Too Cool! :cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I received a poster and do not have any order in for a Sol yet. Just go to the Pontiac website, and request a "brochure" for the Solstice. They will send the poster. :thumbs:

·
Registered
25 Posts
meallen1220 said:
I just wonder if they will do anything for the waitlisted folks who have already placed a dealer order. Those are the ones they could loose easier, quicker than the First 1000.
:cool:
I received my token free cap add today and I'm just a waitlisted hopeful for a 1st 1000.
I am #1 on my dealers first allocation. "COOL with everything"

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
H2o said:
I received my token free cap add today and I'm just a waitlisted hopeful for a 1st 1000.
I am #1 on my dealers first allocation. "COOL with everything"
I am in the same boat as H2o. The letter did specifically mention the dealership I visited, so the free caps may be for all those that went to a dealer for a shot at the first 1,000, whether they got in or not.

The letter also urged me to place an order with my local dealer, if I hadn't already done so, so I don't think it has anything to with whether or not you have already placed an order.

·
5,641 Posts
dengel said:
The letter did specifically mention the dealership I visited, so the free caps may be for all those that went to a dealer for a shot at the first 1,000, whether they got in or not.

The letter also urged me to place an order with my local dealer, if I hadn't already done so, so I don't think it has anything to with whether or not you have already placed an order.
It is a follow up to the only group of people Pontiac can follow up with, those that registered at the Apprentice site then went to the dealer and used their registration number.

Pontiac has never tracked normal sold order customers for contact. Only for cross reference with delivery infomation in the case of a price increase.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My wife is actually the one who registered and the order for "HER" Solstice is in her name. I actually registered on the website under my name on Monday April 18. I got home and the 8X10.5 cut sheet had arrived. No free cap offer for me. So I will wait and see if anything else shows under her name.

:willy: :willy:

·
Registered
177 Posts
dengel said:
I am in the same boat as H2o. The letter did specifically mention the dealership I visited, so the free caps may be for all those that went to a dealer for a shot at the first 1,000, whether they got in or not.

What do I have to do to receive a Solstice cap?
I'm part of 1st 1000 EOP

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
GNS said:
What do I have to do to receive a Solstice cap?
I'm part of 1st 1000 EOP
Keep an eye on your mailbox, but the people that got into the First 1000 may be getting different gifts than the non-First 1000 crowd.

Any First 1000's out there that got the cap offer??? :confused:

·
Registered
305 Posts
dengel said:
Keep an eye on your mailbox, but the people that got into the First 1000 may be getting different gifts than the non-First 1000 crowd.

Any First 1000's out there that got the cap offer??? :confused:
Not Here!!!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Dealer Options?

SolsticeWolf said:
Splash Guards, Muffler Pkg, Phantom tip.
Hey what are these items? I assume they are dealer installed. My dealer never mentioned anything like this.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I'm first 1000 and have not received any mail or offers from GM. They must be targeting the wait list people as was earlier suggested.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
PubliusE said:
Hey what are these items? I assume they are dealer installed. My dealer never mentioned anything like this.
They're GM accessories that we've been lead to believe will exist. The splash guards are more then likely the typical molded ones that fit right below the wheel wells (cost $13-$40 depending on type for each set (front and back are usually different sets). The muffler package is supposedly a cat-back exhaust system. It'll more then likely make the car louder and give a very slight perofrmance increase (cost ~$600). The tip is a chromed tip for the exhaust system.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts