Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just picked up a low mile (18K) 2006 NA and having fun. This will be my DD for the foreseeable future.

Moving from this...

To This...

Looking forward to hanging out here.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My first car was a 1972 Spitfire. Hope you keep it! Enjoy the new ride, a bit more sophisticated....;)

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I upgraded from a 57 TR3 that needed a bunch of work to an 07 GXP. I think you'll like the Solstice quite a bit. Being a British car guy some of the quirks of the Solstice probably wont phase you. If nothing else, my experience so far indicates the electrical devices on a Solstice are pretty solid. That's a big difference.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You'll get used to the "sitting deeper in bucket" pretty quickly.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
CanuckCJ are you a Canuck? If so what part of Canada are you in? We have a big club in the Toronto and GTA area called SSOOO Solstice Sky Owners of Ontario. Check out the SSOOO sub forum. We are always glad to have new Kanadian Kappa Kadets join us.:thumbs:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I've just put more miles on this car in a 1/2 week than it's seen in two years. I've got to say it's a big change from the spitfire. "sitting deeper in bucket" that is definitely true. Not to mention, comparatively smoother comfier ride. precise handling and bang on brake and about a 100 more horses.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the spitfire(aka go cart) atm. We have a lot of miles between us (sentimental value here). I'm not a young buck so I'm not so sold on plastic over metal. All the same I'm liking the solstice and glad to be here.

Northern, I am a Canuck. I'm in the Chicago area for the last decade but I'm originally a Guelphite and always a Canadian :)

Thanks guys, look forward to learning more about the community and this ride.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Thanks guys. I've just put more miles on this car in a 1/2 week than it's seen in two years. I've got to say it's a big change from the spitfire. "sitting deeper in bucket" that is definitely true. Not to mention, comparatively smoother comfier ride. precise handling and bang on brake and about a 100 more horses.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the spitfire(aka go cart) atm. We have a lot of miles between us (sentimental value here). I'm not a young buck so I'm not so sold on plastic over metal. All the same I'm liking the solstice and glad to be here.

Northern, I am a Canuck. I'm in the Chicago area for the last decade but I'm originally a Guelphite and always a Canadian :)

Thanks guys, look forward to learning more about the community and this ride.
Guess that makes you "Chinuck":lol: Love Guelph, wife and I are thinking of moving there to get out of Toronto one day.:thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts