Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little notice to those of you sending me your VOM(order)#.

1. I CANNOT access the forum from our secure computer in the office. that means if ou send your Order # to my inbox on the forum, I have to write it down, and write down your email address, then take it to the back office, look up your order, and then email it to you. So PLEASE SEND THESE TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS @ [email protected] . I will no longer respond to order #'s in my forum inbox.

2. I can tell you absolutely nothing about where your car is at once it has been shipped. Your dealer can call the DBC(dealer business center), but I cannot call DBC about another dealer's order. So without sounding rude, QUIT ASKING WHERE YOUR CAR IS AT IN SHIPPING, CAUSE I DON'T KNOW.

3. Always send your VOM# and your latest event code or update with each email. I am glad to be of service, but I cannot remember you all individually, so I need this info in every email to ensure I give you the proper update.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Cricket,

You have been so helpful, as have SD, GMLD and the other "insiders".

Members, these people will help you to the best of their ability, but have certain restrictions that they must live within. Cricket is just giving you a head up on what some of his restrictions are. Restrictions vary depending on which person you are talking to, so please keep that in mind. They will help, but have to limit their assitance at some point.

"Insiders", your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for all each of you do!!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Are you also updating this information over here too?
http://solstice.gotdns.com/default.asp

I noticed my full VIN # is now in the information, which I had only put the partial in because that's all I knew at the time.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brentil said:
Are you also updating this information over here too?
http://solstice.gotdns.com/default.asp

I noticed my full VIN # is now in the information, which I had only put the partial in because that's all I knew at the time.
Ya know I don't know. I went through and updated a few, but I got lost in names and VOMs, and have decided (sorry guys) that it is much easier and less time consuming for me to keep doing this the way I have been. I wish I had time to take care of you all, but I have to sell some cars, or move to a less expensive home, sell one of my cars, and live on Spam! The gas prices and the hurricane have hit my local business hard, I haven't sold a car for about a week, or more......No complaints though.......(right)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another side note.....

Just a general note to those of you who are too wrapped up in your car to remember who I am.....

1. I am in no way a representative of GM, and I am doing this because I can, not cause I have to.... So if you send me a VOM, along with a rude little note, don't be suprised if I don't reply.

2. Guesses are not my thing. I won't guess on when your car will get there, so again, without sounding rude, QUIT ASKING....

3. This forum is the best way to stay informed about what event codes mean, etc..... If you want an answer and you have looked on the forum, feel free to ask. The worst I can do is say I don't know. But, please, check the forum first. Use the searchbar......

4. Anyone who does't like this, dont bother saying so, it won't do you any good...... (believe it or not) I have a job to do here, and I think coming in at 7 am to check VOMS is more than enough.

5. Don't call me about your orders.... While I am glad to help, I have an email address you can use for that. I am helping run a dealership, and answering the phone for a Solstice question might be giving another salesguy the sale I could've had. Email me with questions, call me if you want to buy something.

6. I cannot stress enough that those of you who are being rude to me in your responses or comments aren't helping the vast majority of people who just want to know something, and who are being very gracious and polite.

FYI, these are generalities, and don't necessarily relate to any members of the forum, but alot of lurkers are contacting me by email. Thank you again for your time, and I hope you all enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Treat "Cadillacricket" like the gentleman that he is.
He is doing this with his heart and a love for helping those who ask in a polite way.
He is a true "Man Who Cares"

Thank You from those of us you have Helped, You are one of a KIND

·
Registered
11 Posts
A job well done....

Thanks for all your help keeping us informed. Nice to see someone helping others because he or she wants to and not because they have to. Waiting patiently for my sly.....

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Thank you very much for all the work you have done.
To those members and non members that do not understand HE IS DOING THIS AS A FAVOR so please act responsable, and have a little patients.
Thank you

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

meallen1220 said:
Treat "Cadillacricket" like the gentleman that he is.
He is doing this with his heart and a love for helping those who ask in a polite way.
He is a true "Man Who Cares"

Thank You from those of us you have Helped, You are one of a KIND
Whoa boy, I think "he's" a "she". Your message has good intentions, and I think that's great, but I think CC is a female????

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mega dittos!!

Thanks for so willingly filling the gap & reducing the anxiety level.

·
Registered
676 Posts
it is unusual these days to find someone that helps out just for the sake of it--when there is nothing at stake for themselves. It is called being kind, caring, and compassionate. You are one in a million---and there are a few others on this forum that are equally unique (ina good way). Thanks so much for all your help and feedback.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CanSol said:
Whoa boy, I think "he's" a "she". Your message has good intentions, and I think that's great, but I think CC is a female????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I know it is unusual to meet a guy named Cricket, but that is indeed me. Don't worry, I am not offended. I have met alot of women named Cricket, but no other guys in the world named cricket. I guess they were right, I am one of a kind, at least in that respect.
:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
383 Posts
DAMN...I was getting all excited about you....you just busted my bubble....j/k!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can see how you might be excited...... A woman who loves cars, goes out of her way to help people, and is willing to try anything once? Hell, I am starting to like the idea myself...... Where is this Cricket Chick? Will you give her my digits?

;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Just a general note to those of you who are too wrapped up in your car to remember who I am.....

1. I am in no way a representative of GM, and I am doing this because I can, not cause I have to.... So if you send me a VOM, along with a rude little note, don't be suprised if I don't reply.

2. Guesses are not my thing. I won't guess on when your car will get there, so again, without sounding rude, QUIT ASKING....

3. This forum is the best way to stay informed about what event codes mean, etc..... If you want an answer and you have looked on the forum, feel free to ask. The worst I can do is say I don't know. But, please, check the forum first. Use the searchbar......

4. Anyone who does't like this, dont bother saying so, it won't do you any good...... (believe it or not) I have a job to do here, and I think coming in at 7 am to check VOMS is more than enough.

5. Don't call me about your orders.... While I am glad to help, I have an email address you can use for that. I am helping run a dealership, and answering the phone for a Solstice question might be giving another salesguy the sale I could've had. Email me with questions, call me if you want to buy something.

6. I cannot stress enough that those of you who are being rude to me in your responses or comments aren't helping the vast majority of people who just want to know something, and who are being very gracious and polite.

FYI, these are generalities, and don't necessarily relate to any members of the forum, but alot of lurkers are contacting me by email. Thank you again for your time, and I hope you all enjoy your new car.

For those of you ragging on cc in emails - shut the :devil: up. I too received information from cc that was not what I hoped re: production of my solstice, but I am very grateful for the correct information. Killing the messenger is stupid. Its just a car people. New Orleans should have taught us that people matter and not things. Rag on the car, rag on GM the entity but suffer not our fellow man.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree with you Anxious One, we need to learn to be respectful of people such as Cricket. If you all don't understand he does'nt have to do what he is doing for us. If you have never talked with him like I have, he is such a nice young gentlemen and I see a long future with him selling Cadillacs or cars in general. I am in sales myself and (100 percent commission is how I am paid)and people need to understand that he has a real job and not just responding to us on this forum!!!!! Give him a brake!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
anxious one said:
For those of you ragging on cc in emails - shut the :devil: up. I too received information from cc that was not what I hoped re: production of my solstice, but I am very grateful for the correct information. Killing the messenger is stupid. Its just a car people. New Orleans should have taught us that people matter and not things. Rag on the car, rag on GM the entity but suffer not our fellow man.
so when do you think mine will be here (lol) sounds like you are doing a good job holding your cool. :) The combo of excitment, uncertainty and an apperant long wait can do things to folks. I have not contacted you re: mine but I wanted to send you a pat on the back for being so brave in offering this service for us "egar Owners"

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

cadillacricket said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I know it is unusual to meet a guy named Cricket, but that is indeed me. Don't worry, I am not offended. I have met alot of women named Cricket, but no other guys in the world named cricket. I guess they were right, I am one of a kind, at least in that respect.
:willy: :willy: :willy:
Sorry Cricket, I guess I should have known better than to jump to conclusions about an ambiguous name. My first name is Leigh and I get mail all the time addressed to Ms Leigh ___ .

1 - 20 of 95 Posts