Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of interesting tid-bits of info on Solstice...

Cowger also said demand for the upcoming Pontiac Solstice roadster may exceed the 15,000 to 20,000 sales a year GM has predicted.

"Anecdotally, I'd say that is very conservative for the first couple of years," he said.

The Wilmington, Del., plant that builds the Solstice and its fellow Kappa-architecture cars will probably build one or more models for some of GM's global brands -- like Opel in Europe or Holden in Australia -- to sell outside North America, Cowger said.

"The weak dollar gives us excellent opportunities to look at other markets in the world," he said.
The first we've heard about increasing production. Might be a trade-off deal with bean counters in keeping the 20k base price (sell more in volume).

Also first we've heard about a possible Australian export.

Link: Article Link Here

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
:cool So now the containers of GTO's can wave at the containers of Kappas somewhere in the middle of the Pacific. Oh, I forgot , we have a 5 year suppply of GTO's already here. :lol

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Oh I bet they cleared all the GTO's out at the end of the year. It only took $10,000+ in rebates is all.

Australlia might be a good market for the Solstice. I believe the Roadster market does fiarly well there, and I believe there was an Opel Speedster model on sale there too. So if they're phasing out the Speedster for Kappa cars it makes sense.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Can't wait to see a Solstice with the big kangaroo catcher on the front. At least it'll protect the front from stone chips. :lol

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
solsticeman said:
Azteksrpurty would be all over the mad max edition...
That's very true, it'll go greatly with his current GXP Power Package. :D

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Interesting news. Makes me wonder if the whole excuse about being limited to X number of body panels is all BS. Some have thought that 20K sounded low, even considering the hydroforming process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts