Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was really disappointed, won't let you sit in it, won't open trunk. And they said it won't be out until fall. My source at Pontiac says will be able to order it in May, deliver in June.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Status quo on the sitting in and trunk. Too bad but I've given up hope they'll let us in this thing before production rolls in May.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
On Saturday night, between 6 pm and 7 pm ET WGN had a live broadcast from the Chicago Auto Show. I caught it from about 6:25 on, and at the end, the different reporters chose the cars they liked. One guy chose the Sky - it showed him sitting in the driver's seat, with the driver's door open. :( Wishing that were ME in Baltimore, where neither the Sky nor the Solstice appeared!

·
Registered
533 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
On Saturday night, between 6 pm and 7 pm ET WGN had a live broadcast from the Chicago Auto Show. I caught it from about 6:25 on, and at the end, the different reporters chose the cars they liked. One guy chose the Sky - it showed him sitting in the driver's seat, with the driver's door open. :( Wishing that were ME in Baltimore, where neither the Sky nor the Solstice appeared!
But did you catch the Pontiac full line commerical during that show that had 3 shots of the Solstice?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Damn! Totally missed that, too! :cuss:

·
Registered
154 Posts
gtwhite said:
Was really disappointed, won't let you sit in it, won't open trunk. And they said it won't be out until fall. My source at Pontiac says will be able to order it in May, deliver in June.
I agree!!!! Several other people that i didn't know & myself were talking to the Solstice guy at the same time. The other guys were standing listening to his outdated speel. Everytime he stopped to take a breath I'd ask if he could open the decklid, put up the top, open the hood, can I sit in the car etc. Everytime I'd give him a chance to talk He'd tell the other guys just how powerful that 4 banger is.

I finally told the other guys standing there to go to solsticeforum.com if they really wanted to know what's going on.

The guy did claim that there was actually a top stored under the decklid. I really tried to get him to show it to me. I would have been the forum hero of the day if I could have got just one picture of that top. He claimed that a spring was broken on the deck lid & that he couldn't show me the top because the deck wouldn't stay open while we looked at the top. I said I'd hold it while he put it up but he wouldn't buy off on that. :)

BTW, who ever takes a Black car to a show. Everyone knows it's impossible to get good pics of a black car without the right lighting.

Archie

·
4,592 Posts
Archie said:
He claimed that a spring was broken on the deck lid & that he couldn't show me the top because the deck wouldn't stay open while we looked at the top.
Yea, and I've got a v-8 under my miata hood, but the hood release is broke! :glol:

·
Registered
154 Posts
RODEO said:
Yea, and I've got a v-8 under my miata hood, but the hood release is broke! :glol:
Speaking of the V-8 thing..... the other thing I went to the Chicago Auto Show to get info on was the LSx V-8 engine with the FWD GM bolt pattern. Pontiac had a few of the FWD LSx V-8 cars at the show.

Well at least that's what the placard next to the cars said. However the guy who was attending to them refused to open any of the hoods for us. We looked underneath and there was black ASB covering everything. You couldn't even see the engine cradle. So I got inside one of them acting like I'd even consider buying a 4 door, I "accidently" pulled the hood release, guess what...... it wasn't hooked up.

It seems GM is pretty proud to show some pictures on the Internet, but not interested in showing you the hardware in person.

Wonder what they are hiding.

Archie

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Archie said:
Speaking of the V-8 thing..... the other thing I went to the Chicago Auto Show to get info on was the LSx V-8 engine with the FWD GM bolt pattern. Pontiac had a few of the FWD LSx V-8 cars at the show.

Well at least that's what the placard next to the cars said. However the guy who was attending to them refused to open any of the hoods for us. We looked underneath and there was black ASB covering everything. You couldn't even see the engine cradle. So I got inside one of them acting like I'd even consider buying a 4 door, I "accidently" pulled the hood release, guess what...... it wasn't hooked up.

It seems GM is pretty proud to show some pictures on the Internet, but not interested in showing you the hardware in person.

Wonder what they are hiding.

Archie
Archie, archie, archie...It WAS hooked up, now that you broke it you bot it. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts