Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm up for a Chicago Club. Glad that the weather has been good lately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Dennis Sbertoli and I am the President of the Chicago ALFA Romeo Owner's Club. One of our members indicated there may be a number a track enthusiasts in the Solstice group. So far though, I have not been able to locate an actual club or person to contact.

The ALFA Club has put on a track day at Blackhawk Farms Raceway for the past 30 years. Historically it was around the 4th of July but this year it will be June 9th. I am interested in pitching it to the Solstice/Sky people to see if they might be interested. The ALFA Club website is: Chicago Alfa Romeo Owners Club - Home.

Can you direct me to any individual to discuss it?

Thanks
Dennis
708 579-9724

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm in Rockford, IL and am familiar with Blackhawk Farms Raceway, Unfortunately the Solstice is my wife's car (Bought it for her on our 29th anniversary) and I don't think she will allow me to take it racing. It's hard enough to get her to let me drive it. LOL

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I am in Central, IL. About 35 miles west of Peoria. May be interested in your group. We are about 3 1/2 hrs. south. But would be interested to be with fellow Solstice/Sky owners.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Great idea. Seems the club has been dissolved. Although Chicago is a great are. Me and my best friend took my Red One for a spin, along the old Route 66 from Naperville to Pontiac and visited the Oakland Pontiac Automuseum ! Is a perfect day trip. Too bad I can not do it again because I exported my roadster :) Otherwise I would have joined i whenever I would have been in the area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great idea. Seems the club has been dissolved. Although Chicago is a great are. Me and my best friend took my Red One for a spin, along the old Route 66 from Naperville to Pontiac and visited the Oakland Pontiac Automuseum ! Is a perfect day trip. Too bad I can not do it again because I exported my roadster :) Otherwise I would have joined i whenever I would have been in the area.
It seems that getting any Solstice or Sky owner interested in an outstanding event in the Northern Illinois-Wisconsin area is unbelievably difficult! why'd we buy these cars if not to enjoy them and have some fun as a group every so often? LAST TRY here....we're flat running out of time!
The Nassam Org posted our release a month or more a go and zip...Bottom Line: I own both a vintage Alfa Spider Veloce and a 2006 Solstice and am a member of both Nassan and the Chicago Alfa Romeo Owners Club (CAROC). CAROC is having their premier yearly event where they buy out Blackhawk Farms Raceway in South Beloit on 9 June 2018 (less than 3 weeks, now)!! There's Racing (for so equipped vehicles), Time Trials, Touring (which I signed up for), Classes, etc, a snack bar, grand stands, and a lot of fun for all. So far there are Alfas, Austin Healey's, Mini's, MG's, an exotic or two, and others all signed up so far. Even as I said, my Solstice, too!! Why not check it out on CAROC.com and see if it's something you'd be interested in attending!
(...besides...free parking....no admittance charge...pay as you go snack bar....and the best rates around for touring on a 2 mile course that's sure to please!) Again, CAROC.com
Thanks! Wayne Toberman (708) 514-2353 if you have any questions...

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Alfa is a great brand. I love them and luckily see them every day, but they are also getting rarer each year, sure hope they will survive the next 10 years.

And remember -----> You Can't Be A True Petrolhead Until You've Owned An Alfa !

21 - 29 of 29 Posts