Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. If you are interested in a Kappa club,Chicagoland Kappa Club will be having a meeting Monday November 19 at 7PM at Steak N Shake in Glenview at Willow And Old Willow Rd.
For more info Phil--847-815-2128

·
Registered
13 Posts
ChicagolandRoadsters.com

It's great that you are trying to get one started - If you want - there is one already going:

Anyone interested in a Solstice/Sky club in Chicagoland - You can join at the address above - and we are having our annual meeting Dec 9 at my home (PM for info) at High Noon.. All members and interested are invited...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we had a good first meeting,there were 6 of us so we're off to a good start.
next neeting will be dec 17 7pm steak n shake in glenview

·
Registered
5,067 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there are 2 clubs but i don't feel we compete with eachother.
one club is in the south burbs and enjoys going on cruises and day drives,we on the other hand are in the north burbs and are more interested in short cruises and car shows.
i think theres enough ppl out there for 2 clubs to exist

·
Registered
876 Posts
one club is in the south burbs and enjoys going on cruises and day drives,we on the other hand are in the north burbs and are more interested in short cruises and car shows.
I like that. Choices rock! Which one might best suit a power-drunk drag racer type?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey, I don't have a Solstice but can I come? I would be very excited to meet with everyone.

Also on a side note. I usually have a Cobalt show at the dealership this time of year. Its a indoor show and I wanted to invite Solstice's this time around. If your interested I would love some feed back. I want this show to be a Ecotec show.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
first off,you don't need to own a kappa to join,just a desire to be around other like-minded people who all share a common interest in fun cars.
secondly,i think it would be a great idea to invite kappas to the show,i mean,hey,its all still GM right?
i also have a G5 GT so we're in the same mindset.

·
Registered
279 Posts
first off,you don't need to own a kappa to join,just a desire to be around other like-minded people who all share a common interest in fun cars.
secondly,i think it would be a great idea to invite kappas to the show,i mean,hey,its all still GM right?
i also have a G5 GT so we're in the same mindset.
Thanks, I will post up the show when I get my act together...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
excellent. please let me know when you get the info together. i WILL be there with either the GXP or the G5

·
Registered
70 Posts
Actually the Chicagoland Roadsters group has members from all over the Chicagoland area (as well as farther south, I believe). My husband and I are up near Gurnee, so it is not a matter of simple geography. Since we are both new groups, I imagine it's a little early to divide us up into types of events as well. I like all reasons to drive my car: long cruises, short cruises, day trips, drag racing, "oops I'm out of sugar, must run to the store" ;) and I'm dying to try a road course. I would even probably like car shows more since I now have a car of my own to enter. :) The only difference appears to be that one primarily started on the Sky site and one started here on the Solstice site.

2 groups is fine, though I hope that we will keep each other informed of upcoming "local" events so that we can support each other.

I like that. Choices rock! Which one might best suit a power-drunk drag racer type?
If you are near Union Grove, WI (Great Lakes Dragaway), or would like to come up, our family runs the Sky RL and a '72 Chevelle. We'd be happy to meet up with members of either group for a day at the track next season.

Have a great day!
~ Shelley

·
Registered
545 Posts
Actually the Chicagoland Roadsters group has members from all over the Chicagoland area (as well as farther south, I believe). My husband and I are up near Gurnee, so it is not a matter of simple geography. Since we are both new groups, I imagine it's a little early to divide us up into types of events as well. I like all reasons to drive my car: long cruises, short cruises, day trips, drag racing, "oops I'm out of sugar, must run to the store" ;) and I'm dying to try a road course. I would even probably like car shows more since I now have a car of my own to enter. :) The only difference appears to be that one primarily started on the Sky site and one started here on the Solstice site.

2 groups is fine, though I hope that we will keep each other informed of upcoming "local" events so that we can support each other.

If you are near Union Grove, WI (Great Lakes Dragaway), or would like to come up, our family runs the Sky RL and a '72 Chevelle. We'd be happy to meet up with members of either group for a day at the track next season.

Have a great day!
~ Shelley
Great Lakes Dragaway! Why that's just about in our back yard, We'll look for you next season, always a reason to meet with new friends/Kappa car owners! Kevin & Cheryl

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think its the best of both worlds having 2 clubs with different objectives. something for everyone depending on what you're looking for that day.. i'll certainly keep the other club abreast of what we're doing

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
i think its the best of both worlds having 2 clubs with different objectives. something for everyone depending on what you're looking for that day.. i'll certainly keep the other club abreast of what we're doing
Hey it's totally up to you, but I did twice as many car shows this past year than I did runs. Might seem like I did more running, but that's not really the case. I did 11 car shows last year vs. 6 runs. I didn't do any runs in 2006...all car shows. 6 I believe.

I hooked up with Chicagolandroadsters cause I met Rick in July 2006 and we talked about forming some sort of club back then. He took the initiative and made it a reality. Before that I considered coming to your meetings, but if I remember correctly, they were usually on a weeknight. Monday or Tuesdays I think. 2 hrs for me to come to a meeting on a weeknight is doable, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. 2 hrs for me on a Sunday works well cause I still have time to visit with my best friend or make a weekend out of it.

My location stinks! So I still have my little Central IL thing going - nothing formal and no plans to make it as such right now, but I have the Chicagoland connection for better access to shows, runs, events, etc.

If you want to join forces and become a larger entity...awesome! If not...no problem and lots of luck! Let either Rick or I know what you guys are up to and I can throw it out on my newsletter!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just a reminder that our next meeting will be monday december 17 at 7pm at glenview steak n shake.
willow and old willow.
phil--847-815-2128

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Hey Phil...there are some ideas floating around the forums about promoting our cars as much as humanly possible next year. Trying to make ourselves quite visible. So I'm really starting to like your suggestion of getting together at a major Chicago show or event. Here's what we should do, you research and find a good show or event we can attend next year and I'll round up the troops. I'd be happy with 20-30 of us, but I think we could do better, especially if we combine the show with something else and make a weekend out of it. Like a Starved Rock Run, or a little cruise down Rt. 66.

I'll put some feelers out in a couple of threads here and on the Sky forum to see what the interest is, but I'm sure it's there! I say...let's do this!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey Phil...there are some ideas floating around the forums about promoting our cars as much as humanly possible next year. Trying to make ourselves quite visible. So I'm really starting to like your suggestion of getting together at a major Chicago show or event. Here's what we should do, you research and find a good show or event we can attend next year and I'll round up the troops. I'd be happy with 20-30 of us, but I think we could do better, especially if we combine the show with something else and make a weekend out of it. Like a Starved Rock Run, or a little cruise down Rt. 66.

I'll put some feelers out in a couple of threads here and on the Sky forum to see what the interest is, but I'm sure it's there! I say...let's do this!!!
We're in! Really like the Route 66 idea! Kevin & Cheryl

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
We're in! Really like the Route 66 idea! Kevin & Cheryl
Excellent...I figure I can con the usual Central Illinois crowd up and a couple of the Bloomington locals who normally wouldn't run. Cause it's Chicago. I can easily bring 10-12 and that's just thinking off the top of my head. Probably some I'm forgetting.

We had 17 for Starved Rock last year and most lived within a few hours away. And a few that couldn't make it. So that's close to 20 right there, and only a few of those were from the Chicagoland Area. I know we have a few newcomers in the suburbs. I say we do this. It'll be a nice warm-up weekend to the Dells.

Even better if I can talk my friend into hosting a BBQ. She lives in Schamburg right across from Woodfield Mall. Cause our BBQ's are insane!! And that's a great location for shopping, hotels, food. Everything is right there! There are some comfy and reasonable ($70-80/night) hotels right there as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts